Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogue_Dodger
05.01.2012 , 06:00 PM | #201
Quote:
An issue that could cause display errors in fullscreen windowed mode has been corrected.
No it hasn't, at least not on my system. Starting to get a bit sick of this now.

sarlekk
05.01.2012 , 09:48 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogue_Dodger View Post
No it hasn't, at least not on my system. Starting to get a bit sick of this now.
Same for my game/machine, and yes, really frustrated now.

DemonicaEvil
05.01.2012 , 10:14 PM | #203
I gave up on this along time ago and now i am waiting on D3 and maybe tara

kozirus
05.02.2012 , 01:37 AM | #204
They have fixed the problem? because I still can not put the fullScreen window mode

turjake
05.02.2012 , 04:49 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogue_Dodger View Post
Same problem, and they have introduced a new problem when I play in windowed mode I can see some graphical artefacts(?) near that windows-7 sidebar thingy, like weather applet etc. changing leaves a grey box over the game screen, if the game window overlaps the weather applet.

Anyways I would suggest that they hire more senior and experienced graphics programmers or even borrow them from other bioware departments. The game, or any program, shouldnt change the desktop resolution, ever. Also alt-tabbing is one of the key functionalities of any mmorpg where people spend long amounts of time online, playing and going afk occasionally. It is not a big deal but it is one of those irritations that will turn some people away from the game or stop some new players buying accounts after testing.

I am not a graphics programmer or even windows programmer but what little I studied long ago, detecting the desktop resolution is one of the first things people learn when they learn graphics programming. Ofcourse the actual problem is a lot more complicated with multiple displays and direct-x whatevers. It still shouldnt be too much to ask that when I alt-tab, it is using the default desktop resolution and refresh instead of some "guess the best possible refresh" from graphics card, no matter if the monitor supports it. Atleast all the other games I have tried, some of them from Bioware, have managed to do this.

Azure_Prower
05.02.2012 , 05:43 AM | #206
I've pretty much fixed my problem. Fullscreen and Fullscreen Windowed works. But it was pretty much a fluke how it was done. New patch came and it started it up Fullscreen Windowed with no out of range problems since the first time ever.

Sadly can't guarantee it will work for any one else, but here's what fixed it for me.

Whilst your computer is powered on and you are logged into windows:

- Turn your monitor off at the power.
- Unplug the connector from the PC.
-Replug the monitor back into the PC and turn on the power.

(The above should simulate the blackout I had. I have a UPS connected to only my box and thus only my monitor was affected by the power outage. Work around fix was found out only by a fluke as you can see.)

-Just to be sure in case draining the power from the monitor doesn't wipe the memory. If you have options with your monitor, access the on screen menu and reset all settings. Then put the settings how you like it or use auto adjust.
-Go into control panel -> display.
-Click on the button that says 'detect' to redetect your monitor. Set the resolution you use if you like and apply changes.
-Restart the computer to unify the changes between your monitor and PC.
-Test to see if SWTOR will work in fullscreen [windowed] mode now.

I pretty much blame SWTOR's settings conflicting with the settings of my monitor. So the only work around for me was to get my monitor to settings that SWTOR likes. Which seems to be the auto/default. But for such a simple fix. Wouldn't hurt for others to give it a try.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

Kindajenin
05.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #207 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings all,

If you are still encountering this problem can you please do the following:

Please delete a file called client_settings.ini by default this file is found at C:\users\username\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\ settings.

Please then run a repair and see if this resolves your issue.

Thank you
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Flesaur
05.02.2012 , 10:54 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindajenin View Post
Greetings all,

If you are still encountering this problem can you please do the following:

Please delete a file called client_settings.ini by default this file is found at C:\users\username\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\ settings.

Please then run a repair and see if this resolves your issue.

Thank you
Dunno how I fell for that ... nope doesn't work, just means I go 'input not supported' launching the game, rather than before I press alt + enter to go into fullscreen mode.

Kindajenin
05.02.2012 , 11:08 AM | #209 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Flesaur View Post
Dunno how I fell for that ... nope doesn't work, just means I go 'input not supported' launching the game, rather than before I press alt + enter to go into fullscreen mode.
Greetings Flesaur,

Can you please post your client_settings.ini information and we can advise you on how to fix the issue?
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Navarchos
05.02.2012 , 11:50 AM | #210
Hi.

Can I get conformation from our CS bot's out there if the above mentioned fix regarding deleting the client file is for resolution of the issue for people trying to run in wondowed mode, as opposed to the problem with fullscreens being minimised with the windows key and scrambling the frequency.

Just want to be sure before I do anything that'll lead to another system restore