Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogue_Dodger
04.18.2012 , 06:35 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Almarath View Post
So, customer service has had me send in my client logs, client settings, MSInfo32 file, dxdiag and monitor make and model. They have told me that the development team is aware of the issue and should have a fix in either a download or a patch, but so far nothing has been fixed. I know these things take time but there has been no real workaround given either. Anyone else having any luck?
Well that's the first confirmation we've had that the devs are aware of the issue. Assuming it doesn't take an inordinate amount of time (weeks) to fix, this is great news.

Varlun
04.18.2012 , 11:33 AM | #142
@ The last two people to post.

As said in my previous posts, an effective workaround is to press Alt + Enter after hitting play and getting the blue screen.

This is assuming that your issue has the same properties as mine. I'd assume it does.

This is also assuming that you have Windows 7, and that Alt + Enter will switch your game to windowed mode. If you have a different system, you'll need to use whatever shortcut to toggle windowed mode.

After toggling, just leave it there. You can maximize it, but don't fullscreen. For more information, please read my previous, huge post.

Almarath
04.18.2012 , 11:38 AM | #143
We all knew about that "workaround". It's what people have been doing to play the game. It's mentioned several times throughout the post. I appreciate the sentiment of trying to help folks out but really, that's what we've been doing to even play the game.

Varlun
04.18.2012 , 03:19 PM | #144
Hmm, well. Okay then. Still, I called Customer Support and showed them my post, and they said that it was going to be shared among the Technical Agents to be tested as an effective workaround to the problem, at least for the majority of players. If it is (which it obviously is), then it'll be released publicly.

*Shrug*

Azure_Prower
04.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Varlun View Post
Hmm, well. Okay then. Still, I called Customer Support and showed them my post, and they said that it was going to be shared among the Technical Agents to be tested as an effective workaround to the problem, at least for the majority of players. If it is (which it obviously is), then it'll be released publicly.

*Shrug*
Not to be rude. But you're not really helping our case. That is not an "effective workaround".

An effective work around would have full screen and full screen (windowed) working with out issues. I'd settle for that. How ever, it looks like we are going to be waiting on the devs to bring in a fix to get it working again. The issue has been put off long enough any way. Since early access or even beta I may say.

The title of this thread is pointed at fullscreen/fullscreen window mode. The whole point of the thread is to get those working again. Not standard window mode.

You may be happy playing in standard window mode. But we are not.

It's like trying to play your class with half your skills. The ones you don't even want. Likewise, I don't really want to play a game with half the features.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

Varlun
04.18.2012 , 11:00 PM | #146
Then go somewhere else for a little while. Or be patient.

This is still a relatively new game. There are -going- to be issues. It'll be some time before they get it to be like WoW, where you can just install the game, and it work right then and there, with no issues to deal with.

While this is a decent problem, I think that you should be happy and patient with what you have until they get the problem fixed. They -are- aware of it, and they -are- working to get a fix.

Plus, if you read my post, you -can- play in fullscreen. Just make sure you don't minimize yourself out of it.

I could go on and on in defense of this game, ranting about how awesome it is and how you shouldn't be targeting an issue (which they are working on), but I- as well as you- have many other features to enjoy.

So, with that, I'm back to leveling my Juggernaut. Slowly, steadily, and making sure to not miss any quests along the way.

Flesaur
04.19.2012 , 01:02 AM | #147
Anyone know if this is due to be fixed in the patch employed today.

As for the windowed work-around, most people are indeed aware of it, however as said earlier the point is that players want to play in full-screen and not have the possibility of the game changing their own PCs settings.

Playing in windowed mode also means you have to turn off windows warnings if you use alt as a keybind (or just be continually beeped at). You'll also be required to change your UI again once the problem is fixed, it's immersion breaking and just a bit crappy all in all.

It's ok being patient, but it would also be nice to have some expectations set by Customer Service. If it's gonna take weeks, they should let us know. People who don't want to play in windowed mode can then cancel subs and come back to get their full money's worth. If the problem is going to fixed in today's patch, then all the better and we'd be happy to see the downtime.

We know you are trying to be helpful Varlun, but it aint helping when people want to see a fix, not a work-around for an unspecified amount of time.

Azure_Prower
04.19.2012 , 01:06 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Varlun View Post
Then go somewhere else for a little while. Or be patient.

This is still a relatively new game. There are -going- to be issues. It'll be some time before they get it to be like WoW, where you can just install the game, and it work right then and there, with no issues to deal with.

While this is a decent problem, I think that you should be happy and patient with what you have until they get the problem fixed. They -are- aware of it, and they -are- working to get a fix.

Plus, if you read my post, you -can- play in fullscreen. Just make sure you don't minimize yourself out of it.

I could go on and on in defense of this game, ranting about how awesome it is and how you shouldn't be targeting an issue (which they are working on), but I- as well as you- have many other features to enjoy.

So, with that, I'm back to leveling my Juggernaut. Slowly, steadily, and making sure to not miss any quests along the way.
What are you rambling on about? You're going off on a tangent. You also threw in WoW from left field. No one is asking you to defend the game. We just want it to be playable. Fullscreen (windowed) not working is not playable.

I am happy that they're aware of it.

I am not happy about you telling technical support your "work around" is effective and insisting the issue is no longer a problem.

You're being more harm than help to this issue.

JaxinRiens
04.19.2012 , 01:38 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure_Prower View Post
What are you rambling on about? You're going off on a tangent. You also threw in WoW from left field. No one is asking you to defend the game. We just want it to be playable. Fullscreen (windowed) not working is not playable.

I am happy that they're aware of it.

I am not happy about you telling technical support your "work around" is effective and insisting the issue is no longer a problem.

You're being more harm than help to this issue.
He's just happy he could do something "technical" on the computer, its really like a 13 year old that learned how to change a tire and is now bragging about it to his friends and suggesting that a tire change is needed to repair a cracked wind- shield.

right now i can deal with fullscreen mode working and just throwing it in windowed mode to do admin stuff like mumble log ins /downtime. Its annoying as hell but i can work with it. hasnt' stopped me from testing and updating tickets.

So far i've tracked the problem to.
64 bit os
DVI
Display only capable of 60 hz ( reports of a guild mate with a 120 hz refresh display havign no issues pushing through dvi.
Nvidia or Ati cards can have the issues.
Catalyst drivers offers a slight work aroudn for full screen alt tab by forcing windows resolution something tor seems to overwrite for nvidia cards.

It existed on test center and was patched out.
Jaexin Riens :: Drakenus::Jahne Riens::Caenen Riens:: Naekino Riens::Kadall::Reyla::Saedes
"Those without power seek to gain it, those with power seek to exploit it,those without want of power are dead." Darth Maladus

Azure_Prower
04.19.2012 , 05:27 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Flesaur View Post
Anyone know if this is due to be fixed in the patch employed today.
Patch is out and no dice.