Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sakica
04.14.2012 , 06:53 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Yuusuru View Post
I thought I would give my input here as I came across the thread on a related issue, which I have now fixed thanks to suggestions above.

Pre 1.2 I was playing on 1920x1080 with 1920x1200 as my native resolution.

Upon relaunching the client it then refused to letterbox the game and changed my native resolution to whatever the client was set to.

Following some of the advice above (as I have NVIDIA) I adjusted 2 settings under the "adjust desktop size and position". I put my scaling mode to "no scaling" and checked the "override the scaling mode set by games and programs".

I can now run the game back in letterbox, happy days.

Hope this helps someone.

Nope, dont work for me

When I do that i got some black bar on bottom of screen, dont know why

OnizukaARU
04.14.2012 , 08:45 AM | #102
Hi the problem still continues, when i quit the game and back to game its in a rut.

One PC - when in fullscreen have black bordes
ATI 3870x2, ccc 12.1, LCD24" - 1920x1080 - full 1080p refresh rate 60, cabel is HDMI and converter to GK is DVI

second PC its GK NVIDIA and its okay cabel DVI

Cauthorn
04.14.2012 , 09:19 AM | #103
DVI here and it only seems to happen when various splash screens from planets load

DemonicaEvil
04.14.2012 , 10:10 AM | #104
Dvi to hdmi to mini hdmi

Nimbz
04.14.2012 , 11:00 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Anavel_Gato View Post
this has been happening to me to, and to make matters worse when ever i minimize the game from full screen it causes the frequency out of range for the whole computer not just the game. ill restart my comp and as soon as i hit winddows 7 it will go out of range, ive had to run recovery every time to fix it. what ever it is it ONLY has happened since 1.2 hit, before i never had these issues.
Have the same problems here.
Tried everything it seems. Googled and fibbling now since the 1.2 patch.
And I like to add that I downloaded Mass Effect 3 Demo. Have no problems playing that game.
So itīs not my gfxcard.

Using DVI

Almarath
04.14.2012 , 01:11 PM | #106
Having the same issue everyone else is. I can only run in Windowed Mode, am using a VGA cable and have tried different monitors and video cards. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Flesaur
04.14.2012 , 02:57 PM | #107
VGA

Any news on a possible fix? I am unable to play the game in it's current state.

TheSuperD
04.14.2012 , 03:28 PM | #108
DXDiag
Spoiler

client_settings
Spoiler

Using DVI cable.

DemonicaEvil
04.14.2012 , 03:46 PM | #109
I don't think they have a clue to whats wrong. I have been down 3 days now. i want it fixed or my time refunded.

Azure_Prower
04.14.2012 , 07:05 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonicaEvil View Post
I don't think they have a clue to whats wrong. I have been down 3 days now. i want it fixed or my time refunded.
This issue has been plaguing SWTOR since early access. So I guess the more people who post. The more BioWare will realize this a serious problem with the game and will actually fix it instead of giving/having us do work arounds.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.