Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

Feoktist
04.17.2012 , 07:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
Since players can build a profile in the character builder, why not link them, AMIRITE? (see Zoopercat as an example)

In fact, a little known secret: we have an API for character information, so anyone can do it really
What's the secret that would allow one to import gear information from the server? I did create a character but I'm changing specs and gear waaay to often to reflect it on a website every time.
Nightmare Lands EX-Star Wolves [RU] (not for hire)
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

heltidsluffare
04.18.2012 , 01:47 AM | #22
Feokist - I'm glad you brought that up, I was hoping a thread like this would bubble this kind of information up so that every combat-parser author could learn from them.
On that note:
I am making a parser that is my own little pet project, mostly because I have never done it and I wanted to learn.
I have only told two guild about it so i have a small base of testuser. I havn't posted any threat or added it to this roundup yet because I dont want to show a uinfinished and broken product and I dont know how much my webserver can handle

My question and problem is:
I do, as most do, divide the parsed log into fight/encounters. I do it by looking for the EnterCombat line and ending the fight at the next ExitCombat or player Death.
If I encounter another EnterCombat before any ExitCombat or Death, I start a new fight and ignore the first EnterCombat.
Mostly, thats jsut fine. But i have found an issue with my logic.

It operations, when a boss try is a wipe and I do "Exit Area" to save on my repair bill, the combat log neither register ExitCombat nor Death (death is kinde obvious). This mean I dont parse any of the tries I do "Exit Area".
Ofcourse I could parse so if I get two EnterCombat in a row I handle the second one as End-Of-Combat, but that would give a false length of combat and false DPS value. I dont want the run back into the operation to be a part of my combat.

How has you guys solved this?

Also, if anyone want to test my parser, send my a private message and I'll give you a link to it.

Zoopercat
04.18.2012 , 03:06 AM | #23
@Feokist, you can't import your character from the server If there was a way, we'd totally let you do it! The SECOND that's opened up as an option by BW, we'll open it up to everyone else. However, they have their hands full cleaning up this plague that's spreading around I'm not sure if / when they'll have an option like this for sites like us to use.

@Heltids
That's a very good question. When that happens, we look for the safe immunity buff that you get when zoning back in. Don't tell anyone, it's our little secret

@ Everyone, I'm posting a few updates tomorrow (Wednesday) once I collect a couple of updated screenshots. Wildking has a nice update with some expanded features for those who log in. If anyone else has updates, or links to guides, I'll add all of that stuff in.

As for Mr. Robot, we're currently working on some improved smart-merging logic. We almost caved in to some challenges that would require all users to enter a raid key to merge logs... but after 2 days of brainstorming, we think we have it figured out. The improved solution will continue to allow non-logged-in users to merge logs, without ever entering a raid id. It will be just as automatic as it is today, but the merges will be less... 'finicky.' Stay tuned for the updated release.
ASK MR. ROBOT

heltidsluffare
04.18.2012 , 03:12 AM | #24
@Heltids
That's a very good question. When that happens, we look for the safe immunity buff that you get when zoning back in. Don't tell anyone, it's our little secret

Is so obvious now when you say it, I think I have to do bang my head against the wall for a bit.
If I only looked 10 row lower down in the log i would have seen it

Edit: And now it is fixed in my parser. Thanks Zoopercat

heltidsluffare
04.18.2012 , 08:56 AM | #25
Oh, what the hell, add my site to the round-up aswell

CLP: Combat Log Parser
URL: http://clp.htl.nu
Author: heltidsluffare (@Heltidsluffare on Twitter)
Accurate: Yes (but test it to make sure)
Share Logs: Yes (permalink mode activated!)
Merge Logs: Yes (In a manner of speaking, more like merge encounters)
Other Notes: Forumthread got all and no information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=420351

heltidsluffare
04.19.2012 , 02:52 AM | #26
Hello fellow parser-making-people!
I dont have the greatest sample of logs yet (a.k.a. it easier to ask if someone figured this out yet rather then find out for myself).

Does a boss-death, in operations, log for every operation member? Or only for the killing blowing one or damage dealing players?

The problem ofcouse is to find some common denominator for log merging. I was thinking of boss deaths but that wont work for operations with pure wipe. Im just thinking out loud. Maybe just wait for BW to log the servertime with date to make things supereasy.

I understand if you don't want to share if you figured it out already, I am just thinking out load.

Lyynk
04.19.2012 , 11:40 AM | #27
Thanks Feokist and Zoopercat for the info

Zoopercat
04.19.2012 , 01:16 PM | #28
Hey Hells, we're always open to sharing the info that Mr. Robot has figured out. No secrets here, that's just now how we roll.

The boss death seems to only be logged for one player, my best guess is the person who got the killing blow, but that's just a guess. I added boss deaths to be logged to feature requests, so cross your fingers!

I also wanted to share an idea that Rumrunner had on our forums for overhealing (view thread). Basically, the idea is that overhealing does no threat, so you could estimate overhealing by looking at the threat. Here's a portion of his explanation:
Quote:
BTW, just to give you an easy way to see why I think it works nicely....look at this log: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...98b0fa2e02#d=1

For this night, I had the threat reducing talent. However it doe not apply to a medpack. If you look at the one time I used a med pack which would have been at like 25% life so no over healing, the threat is exactly 0.5 times the heal. If you look at things like Proactive Medicine which would have a large amount of over healing since it is a HoT that I do not rely on....meaning I top someone off to full, then the HoT keeps ticking. Indeed it does have a lot of over healing. Kolto Shell which only heals for a small amount after someone is hit should rarely over heal. Indeed it has a low amount of over healing.
Hells, I'm adding your parser to the main list today, stay tuned.
ASK MR. ROBOT

Zoopercat
04.19.2012 , 05:30 PM | #29
I updated Wildking and added CLP to the OP and Chart.
ASK MR. ROBOT

Zoopercat
04.19.2012 , 06:20 PM | #30
Thank you Annexxia from TorReporter for talking about the Round-Up at 34 minutes into the podcast. They cover other cool stuff too!! http://mmoreporter.com/2012/04/19/to...-fawn-follies/
ASK MR. ROBOT