Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voss Law

JrTrekkie
04.12.2012 , 04:02 AM | #1
Hey guys,

On my server, we have started doing a lot of server-wide RP on the planet Voss. Last night held a significantly large RP night with about 40 people showing up. During this event, me and my clan were hired as peacekeepers by the Voss, and we encountered a problem with some republic troopers.

A long story short, the republic troopers decided they were above Voss law, and open fired on us (me specifically). After a lengthy discussion where an all out fire fight was drawing close, we managed to calm the situation and resolve the matter.

Now, I personally am a little confused on the details of Voss law. I have attempted to google the information but it is surprisingly hard to find. Can anyone give me a link to a forum or webpage that goes into detail about Voss *lore*?

Much appreciated.

NightHawke
04.12.2012 , 04:04 AM | #2
There is very little if no information on the Voss. I am inclined to think that the Voss is a Bioware creation that is now cannon.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

RixoFutu
04.12.2012 , 04:05 AM | #3
Just kill them all, Siths are law everywhere )

JrTrekkie
04.12.2012 , 04:08 AM | #4
Doesn't work like that unfortunately, the republic jeoprodised their relations with the three leaders by shooting me, it's a shame that it won't impact our server as much as it would have done if the Voss leaders were player driven characters.

I'm still searching, all I can think of is running the class quests on Voss on an alt, I know the IA quest line had a bit more detail on the culture than I've found on swtor.wiki or other resource sites.

KyoMamoru
04.12.2012 , 04:09 AM | #5
Voss was the planet made by Bioware.

Kirameki
04.12.2012 , 04:09 AM | #6
Well the Voss is a new species created for SWTOR so good luck in finding lore.

You wont find much more then this :

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...re-update-voss
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies.
Twitter | Raptr

NightHawke
04.12.2012 , 04:11 AM | #7
I want to have a Voss character...
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

thomasgallant
04.12.2012 , 04:13 AM | #8
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Kirameki
04.12.2012 , 04:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
I want to have a Voss character...
Same.

Plus want to make it wear the Voss Mystic robe (social 5) set.

Would be perfect.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies.
Twitter | Raptr

Truvu
04.12.2012 , 04:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
There is very little if no information on the Voss. I am inclined to think that the Voss is a Bioware creation that is now cannon.
No, the Gormak are the ones with the cannon.

*SPOILERS*
Going through the quests on Voss does actually explain a lot of their lore. Above all else the Voss follow the advice of the Mystics who are the highest caste in Voss society. The mystics can have extremely accurate premonitions of the future and as such there is no political in-fighting in Voss culture, and no civil wars/disputes. Because the mystics can see the future the best course of action for the Voss people can always easily be decided by their interpreters however the choice between allying between the Empire and Republic is proving difficult for them but that issue gets resolved as you quest through the planet.

The Gormak are what the Voss once were before the evolved into the mystical race we see today. They are violent because of the nightmare lands and the "dark one" that resides in the deep places of planet Voss. The dark one feeds off of the Gormak's hatred to gain power and the nightmare lands turn that hatred/power into reality.