Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yesterday's Patch Issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ohamsie
04.12.2012 , 04:48 PM | #201
I am not a hardcore gamer. This is my first MMO, and I was hestitant to buy it because I wasn't going to be able to devote as much time to it as a lot of other players, and frankly I'm a little wary against MMO's in general. But the first KOTOR is one of my favorite games, so I decided to bite the bullet, even getting the collector's edition. I have been able to enjoy it mostly playing it as a single player game, even finding myself really enjoying the mmo aspect of doing heroics every now and again.

My main issue though is that I only have one, sometimes two days a week where I can devote a satisfying chunk of time to playing this game, and maybe a couple hours a few other nights. Unfortunately for me, my one day for this week fell yesterday. Since I was getting abysmal re-download speeds, it was apparent I would not get to play in a timely manner so I decided to cut my losses secure in the knowlege that I wouldn't need to download all those files today.

Imagine my disappointment when I tried to sign in today to play a few hours I could spare, only to discover I have to redownload everything anyways.

I do want to say though that the customer service hasn't been all that bad, they have done a pretty good job of keeping us informed of what is going on except that misinformation about not having to download everything over again. The community manager said he was going to go to bat for us, so I am somewhat reassured and looking forward to what they will do for us by way of an apology.

TehCaptain
04.12.2012 , 05:09 PM | #202
Feels pretty good that I am one of the players affected by this issue yet I am not eligible for the 30 free days of game time, since I manually enter my subscription information every month rather than leaving it recurring. Thanks for making the decision easier, BioWare!
Proud member of Squadron 1020 and Squadron 367

Gerrins
04.12.2012 , 05:09 PM | #203
Every time that little baby tauntaun looks at me with it's doelike brown eyes all I will feel is rage; patch 1.2 rage.

...still a month of free game time is nice.
Deschain - Sniper - <Dark Vanguards>

StephenReid
04.12.2012 , 05:12 PM | #204
Hello everyone, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As you can imagine decisions can take a while to be made.

Our final update on this and the action being taken is described in this post. Once again, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

thebigdoubleu
04.12.2012 , 05:14 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hello everyone, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As you can imagine decisions can take a while to be made.

Our final update on this and the action being taken is described in this post. Once again, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks for going to bat for us! I'm not sure how everyone would feel, but I'm satisfied with the three days.
Build three farms and a barracks.

TehCaptain
04.12.2012 , 05:23 PM | #206
3 Days makes me feel a little better, at least.
Proud member of Squadron 1020 and Squadron 367

rebalnz
04.12.2012 , 05:24 PM | #207
atleast you haven't been double charged for a sub lol i want my money back!!!

lokdron
04.12.2012 , 05:31 PM | #208
Thanks for the update and the free three days.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

yechidah
04.12.2012 , 05:39 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Good job, BioWare. This goes a long way to making up for the issue and shows that you value your customers. Keep up the good work.

-Bel

DaBawwws
04.12.2012 , 05:50 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Claymaniac View Post
What exactly would you like them to do?

I don't think you understand what "self-entitlement" means. You feel you are owed something. You are not. They didn't even need to give us free play time. They did. Not good enough for you? Go ahead and unsubscribe.

Accept it or unsubscribe. That is LITERALLY all you have. LITERALLY. You expecting more is your delusional sense of "self-entitlement". You won't get it. Deal with it.
Ummm when you are paying for a service and that service is interrupted, you ARE owed something. Otherwise the self entitled would be Bioware for believing we owe them money for no product.