Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yesterday's Patch Issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StephenReid
04.12.2012 , 09:17 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by ChunkyThunder View Post
This is frankly ridiculous, I mean a patch leaking, mistake - whatever. But then lying to us and telling us it'd be fine tomorrow? When in actuality I now have to wait god knows how many hours for the game to re-download everything? If I don't receive some kind of compensation for the 2 days of play time that I've now lost because of them I'm cancelling my subscription.
We completely understand your frustration - we're frustrated too. We were given incorrect information and we relayed that to you in error. All we can do right now is apologize.

I want to be clear that no-one intentionally lied; the messaging was a mistake, but one that compounded our earlier mistake, and that's unacceptable.

If you haven't seen, I have updated our original thread with revised instructions. As you probably realize, your options at this point are to either let the client complete a full download, or re-install from physical DVDs. Re-installing should reduce your download size considerably.

There are still discussions ongoing about this issue, and I'll update you when I have more to share.

GamewizX
04.12.2012 , 09:20 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
We completely understand your frustration - we're frustrated too. We were given incorrect information and we relayed that to you in error. All we can do right now is apologize.

I want to be clear that no-one intentionally lied; the messaging was a mistake, but one that compounded our earlier mistake, and that's unacceptable.

If you haven't seen, I have updated our original thread with revised instructions. As you probably realize, your options at this point are to either let the client complete a full download, or re-install from physical DVDs. Re-installing should reduce your download size considerably.

There are still discussions ongoing about this issue, and I'll update you when I have more to share.
Hey Stephen, I know you aren't the one to make this call, but this is definitely something worth crediting people's accounts with. People affected by this (I was not one of them) should get a 2-day credit to their subscription because this was a mistake on Bioware's part that these people could not avoid.

Hopefully you can convince the higher-ups to allow this credit because I think we all know it's the right thing to do.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Alikation
04.12.2012 , 09:21 AM | #103

No, you don't "understand" our frustration. You are sitting in your cubicle earning your salary as usual, while we are PAYING for that salary with "hopes" of actually getting to use your product.

SpiddeR
04.12.2012 , 09:24 AM | #104

All you can do is apologize?! Are you kidding me?! Your fail cost us 2 days of Gaming play.. It mean you literally steal money from us for 2 days. I even don't talk about donwload caps from ISP.... And you just APOLOGIZE?! Sent a few people to CS of Blizzard... really.. you will learn a LOT from these guys...

Atleast when they do mistake they apologize and give paying customer something in return... But YOU and YOUR <insert any heavy insult> EA screw EVERYONE anytime they want... Dragon Age 2,ME3 now SW-TOR...

Congratulation... Guys from Bioware.. Leave EA... they pulling you down...

TJtK
04.12.2012 , 09:25 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSublimitas View Post
Agree! BW needs to step up and compensate us for time lost - they're getting our money and we're not getting product. They're basically taking our money and we're not getting anything in return. Free day of play or some kind of nice in game fluff
So what about it BW admin Compensation is due as at present my game does not do what it says on the tin . I have lost out on 2 days play time which I subscribed for through no fault of my own - in fact the blame lies firmly in your corner.

Are you going to do something right for "the small minority" ( How many were effected anyways? )

Looking forward to an answer

GamewizX
04.12.2012 , 09:27 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by SpiddeR View Post
All you can do is apologize?! Are you kidding me?! Your fail cost us 2 days of Gaming play.. It mean you literally steal money from us for 2 days. I even don't talk about donwload caps from ISP.... And you just APOLOGIZE?! Sent a few people to CS of Blizzard... really.. you will learn a LOT from these guys...

Atleast when they do mistake they apologize and give paying customer something in return... But YOU and YOUR F*****G EA screw EVERYONE anytime they want... Dragon Age 2,ME3 now SW-TOR...

Congratulation... Guys from Bioware.. Leave EA... they pulling you down...
He did say they are still discussing the issue internally and will update when they have more information. Show a little patience. Even IF you weren't able to play for a full 48 hours (which isn't the case, it's actually only been less than 24 hours), you know how much they "stole" from you? $1.

I agree that people should be credited a couple days worth of playtime, but be respectful about it.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

svop
04.12.2012 , 09:28 AM | #107
Does anyone have this problem?

Re-installed, downloaded patches, unsure if 1.2 was included, insert login credentials, get asked if pst or retail login is desired, choose retail, click play, crash to desktop.

What the ACTUAL ****

XXXSUNRIDERXXX
04.12.2012 , 09:29 AM | #108
None of my jedis have hair. i have logged in and out i have tried restarting my computer. whats going on? if i take off my cloak she has hair.
STAR WARS GALAXIES- JEDI

-nMe-

Caliwookie
04.12.2012 , 09:33 AM | #109
Stephen, man I feel bad for you because I've had to do very similar tasks at times, that is, defending the sometime incompetence of the company I work for. Whether its the DEV or QA totally fubaring something up or the Sales guy overselling and over promising or a number of other things that can and will go wrong.

It just seem like the lack of professionalism at BW is a bit rampant. It could be addressed with good leadership that has vision but also forethought. So I don't blame you or the dev guys, I blame management for mishandling the past 2 days worth of significant and public facing fiascoes.

How long can you apologize for your company and still make it mean something?

/my 2cp

Cadred
04.12.2012 , 09:35 AM | #110

I understand that mistakes happen, and I also understand that many times it helps if one steps back and looks at situations with some perspective. Personally, I feel the best way for Bioware to respond would be to send out a free SWTOR DVD installer to those affected so--for those of us that bought the digital version of the game--we're spared having to re-download the full game in the chance that something like this should happen again.