Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More than 30 mounts bug.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rutrict
04.11.2012 , 09:01 PM | #1
I realize that mounts, titles and pets might not be important or even cause of QQing... but to someone who is a mount / title / pet collector .. it's everything. So for those that aren't, please refrain from posting you "It's just a mount." post...

I have 38 mounts learned. When I heard the Korrealis line of mounts was being removed I did something that I hate doing... PvP. All so I could get the Korrealis Prince since my collection wouldn't be complete without it. I was at Valor 21 and within 2 weeks I have gotten 65 Valor rank. Upon buying the Korrealis Prince I used it so that I could learn the mount. It didn't put it on my action bar so I went to the "Vehicles" tab to not see it there... I panicked. Mount collectors worst nightmare! I called CS and they eventually found out that I have over 30 mounts. They sent me the Prince in the mail and told me not to use it until they fixed a bug that prevents people with over 30 mounts from learning certain mounts.

I went from Dark V to Light V just to get both the Praxo mounts. I will do whatever it takes to get a mount. So a bug that prevents me from learning new mounts... on top of ALL the other bugs in this game... is just incredibly aggravating.

Today I got the Deslo Avenger from Nightmare Soa. Tried to use it... same thing. I have a ticket in now to try to have it refunded to me. I expect it will be, pending a get a CS rep who is nice.

BioWare you need to wake up, fire your current bug team and hire some people who will actually work on the bugs. The way you go about the bugs is wrong. How many months has Defend the Shipment been bugged? How many months has Eternity Vault been bugged? I could go on for probably a novels worth of bugs. New content? New Patches? Focus on fixing the bugs or your're going to lose people in troves. Today we had to reset Soa Nightmare and lose out on the title for a 3rd week in a row because Soa bugged and we weren't allowed to enter. We were all out of the Operation... What the heck BioWare.... Guild I am in are pretty much all saying that if 1.2 doesn't fix some of the bugs they're leaving. With Guild Wars 2 coming out you need to focus on making your subscribers happy.. and new content isn't going to work. Sure shiney and new is nice... but when it's riddled with bugs the appeal only last so long.

If the bug that prevents me from learning mounts isn't fixed soon you will lose my subscription. I am a Razer SWtOR Mouse, Collectors Edition owner. I put my faith and money into your product and so far I am not satisfied. I love Star Wars but I hate the bugs in this game. The Force is not with you and that's a problem.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Kiregean
04.12.2012 , 01:02 AM | #2
Actually this is not Bioware's bug team to blame here as I explained shortly after the game was release, the ones to blame here are everyone in the BETA testing phase who DIDN'T report bugs and instead treated the game like free play. Unfortunately this is all too common and because of such it causes massive amounts of bugs to go unnoticed due to testers being overly occupied with crafting builds and learning farming spots instead of scouting out any errors in the coding that might be had.

So in short... Blame the community, not the developers. You can blame a certain publisher as well for pushing the game out early but that's neither here nor there.

Darthorka
04.12.2012 , 01:05 AM | #3
the game isnt very old. perhaps you should branch out a little. lol
"Use the fork, Frederick"
───(your knee)───► - Taekwondoboy

Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 01:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiregean View Post
Actually this is not Bioware's bug team to blame here as I explained shortly after the game was release, the ones to blame here are everyone in the BETA testing phase who DIDN'T report bugs and instead treated the game like free play. Unfortunately this is all too common and because of such it causes massive amounts of bugs to go unnoticed due to testers being overly occupied with crafting builds and learning farming spots instead of scouting out any errors in the coding that might be had.

So in short... Blame the community, not the developers. You can blame a certain publisher as well for pushing the game out early but that's neither here nor there.
In hing sight I posted some of it in frustration. Guild I am in had just finished Nightmare EV that was riddled with bugs and than I lose a 2nd mount. But I won't say it's 100% not their fault, they have had months to at least attempt to work on this bugs. I am displeased with how they handle, or appear not to handle the bugs. It'd be nice if we could get a statement from BioWare addressing the bug problem and that they are working on it. Instead of "we've sent this transmission to our bug team".

No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Darthorka
04.12.2012 , 01:14 AM | #5
well they told you it is being sent to the bug team. you want a dissertation on how that will take place?
"Use the fork, Frederick"
───(your knee)───► - Taekwondoboy

Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 01:15 AM | #6
They did not tell me it was sent to the bug team. That is just the normal response to 90% of the bugs I report. All they did for me was send me the mount in the mail. Told me not to use it until the bug was fixed. So all the new mounts coming out... I can't use. I can have them taking up space in my Storage... how long am I supposed to wait? Until Patch 1.3 when they release a fix finally?

Beesodd
04.12.2012 , 01:20 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rutrict,

We are well aware of the issue with the cap on the number of mounts that players can have, and are working to fix it.

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on a fix, but be sure to check any upcoming patch notes for any notification on this.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 01:25 AM | #8
You people should look into a possible cap on pets... especially since your putting more into the game... I already have 6 pets... I'd hate to find out the hard way. Guess I have a new goal on the PTR since I can't rely on you guys.

Tyrialis
04.12.2012 , 01:27 AM | #9
But its only a mount !!! :P

Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 01:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrialis View Post
But its only a mount !!! :P
lmao I knew this going to happen!