Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My character's story and his light and dark side choices

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My character's story and his light and dark side choices

Livedtomato
04.11.2012 , 07:13 PM | #1
So I know certain gear is only obtainable by going all light or dark side, but what if I went somewhere in between? I obviously don't get to use that gear and so it makes me wonder, will I just have to make a character and just mindlessly pick light or dark regardless of how I want my character to be just so I can get gear? Or is there certain gear that is dedicated to those in the middle, because to tell you the truth I'd much rather have a character who appears to be and acts human, someone who messes up or gets pissed at someone than a character who acts like a robot and just picks one side over the other for some item with stats on it.

Darth_Vicente
04.11.2012 , 07:16 PM | #2
All the alignment gear is on-par with non-alignment gear. Only difference is looks, and sometimes not even that.

And even so, depending on your class, if you're playing a consistent (think not schizophrenic) character, while you'll naturally come across some decisions that are against the grain, you'll find yourself on a familiar path. My friend who expected to be neutral found himself as a light 3 agent for this reason.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

FigeroMentel
04.12.2012 , 04:58 AM | #3
Remember that the main idea here is to have fun and craft a proper story. Do as your character would do throughout the legacy quest and just let the alignment fall where it may.