Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Morsexy
04.11.2012 , 05:42 PM | #521
I am extremely disappointed in how this was handled Bioware. Of all the things coming in the patch, by far the two largest and game changing things was the adjustments to crafting and PVP. Now half of that is gone.

I really hope the new operation passes muster, because at this point you're on thin ice in my book.

Aemy
04.11.2012 , 05:42 PM | #522
/Delete all
Kauri:Star force
Chimaera:VAYGR

Allégeance au coté obscure !!

swaize
04.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #523
some of you need to relax.....sure im dissapointed but i also want a fun ranked wz expieriance...ty swtor for not rushing it pls dont dissapoint.

TonyIommi
04.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.
Stephen thank you for the response to what is obviously a great concern for fans. I personally feel if we could get some insight into what was wrong with the system as well as a time frame for when we can expect to see ranked warzones in games it would go to alleviate many concerns the community has. The blog post said it would be "phased" in which I take to mean it will be over the course of several patches but not necesarilly patch 1.3 or 1.4 but rather perhaps in between the major patching cycle?

cashogy
04.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.
how can you say it is anything other than that?

either your internal testing detected this problem and you did nothing about it for the month+ that 1.2 was on PTS, or you had no idea because there was no thorough internal testing and something from the test last week raised a red flag.

either way, the blame is entirely on the PvP dev teams lack of effort.

also, we deserve to know what the gamebreaking issue is. you guys need to learn to communicate with the community better or its only going to get worse
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Sunflake
04.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #526
Ok. Yes i am not happy about this but... I also dont want to see anymore boe boe's from Bioware like they did with worldPvP Ilum. So if i think about it.. yes dont go live if its not working. Roll it out in a couple of weeks when it does work.

There is one thing i am still curious about. Does this means we cannot que up with 4-8 man at all on the warzones ? I know ranked warzones but does that mean we still stucked with the 4 man warzones? And if we are... Can we stay in a group now after we done or do we still ened to reinvite guildies after the warzone?

Sincerly,

hargrave
04.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #527
Personally i dont give 2 bleeps for warzones ranked or not but to advertise this like they did ilum just makes me more happy to move to elsewhere maybe in 6 months theyll get thier heads out of the sand when its gone f2p and 100k subs.

Can anyone honestly disagree about james ohlen best pvp team comment? This game could have had so much potential but they just screw off and do bizzare off the wall things.

I dont think anyone should be fired but i thinks its beyond obvious bioware needs to move some people around get some people who can get pvp in general going b/c i dont what else more we can do at this point to drive people off here.
We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team.James Ohlen Ilum is bieng reworked as it wasnt a fun or exciting experience

krossfade
04.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #528
Total fail, what else is there to say, oh ya i forgot u guys have the best pvp devs in any mmo isnt that what u told us. Ranked wz will probably come out in june when gw2 and secret world come out, to little to late.

Rewarding failure is never a option.

Vinak
04.11.2012 , 05:44 PM | #529
now do something useful and remove the healer nerfs.
>████TootsieRoll®████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

BCBull
04.11.2012 , 05:44 PM | #530
Oh and to top it off it will be team play, not solo.
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller
Fixing requires technology that we currently do not have.