Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSushi
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #501
Ranked WZ's being delayed... whatever. But give us our 8 man queues then! (please)

StraitDumpin
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #502
So much for this crap game.

Planetside 2 4tw.

jorobe
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #503
They should have done this with Ilum until it was ready, I'm glad they are holding it back to make sure it works properly. Ergh /IcoulddosomuchbetterifIwasdevelopingitRAGEQUITUNSU BbeaVirginforrestoflife
Obi-wan has taught you well ...

CreeCwee
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #504
You have handled the management of this game extremely poorly and this reflects upon you as being extremely bad at your chosen professions... With a dissatisfied playerbase removing the one saving grace for all the PvP servers and then try to buy us off with another nonsensical gear grind for WH gear is not only a bad idea but also insulting and downright disgusting..

If rateds is not added within the next week or two i foresee F2P in this games future. And this is coming from a guy who up until this point has supported this game completely..

I think EVERYONE WHO RESUBBED YESTERDAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DOING RATED WZ'S SHOULD REQUEST A REFUND IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT IN ITS PUREST MOST DECEPTIVE FORM!
character name
guild
cool quote

Aram_Darksun
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by chillinvillain View Post

Yous gots to be trollin.

Reasons things that don't get implemented and it's not announced until in the 11th hour:
  • It causes serious issues when trying to update the software on the servers.
  • It causes serious client-side errors.
  • It could cause a game-breaking issue with something like the Game Economy.
  • There is a SERIOUS exploit only noticed during this late time.

these are not the reasons; it's because "it's not how they want it".

While some people, as you say, might be acting as spoiled children, Bioware is acting like a very, very bad parent....

or an off-market Ponzi Scheme...

or an unreliable company...

or a bad investment.

Companies can aim high all they want, but when a company continually falls short, they should aim lower...and I think many can agree that is what's happened several times since release.
Or the slightly more reasonable, they tried until the 11th hour to impliment it but once they got that close they realised they couldn't do it for whatever reason, valid or not caused the overestimation or optimism.
Flight Officer 419 Squadron

DarkZeron
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.
Great you are not lying, just simply incompetent when its comes to QA?

Officer: I am happy to report we are out of the water gentlemen!

Soldiers: Excellent, yay, hurray!

Officer: Erm, 1 more thing. We kinda fallen into a volcanoooo....

So we dont drown, we just burn. Its really different.
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

Swidgin
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #507
I'll make a DEAL with you BW......

When you decide to ROLL OUT rateds if a 150m * 250m room for death matches (AKA Arenas) comes with it then I won't leave your game.

But ATM I no longer feel like PAYING for a BETA.
Angry, Nasally kid with braces (VOICE) "I want my ARENAS BW!"

Arunas
04.11.2012 , 05:40 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Unfortunately, this is the case. You will be able to queue in an eight-man team when Ranked Warzones are implemented.

Regarding the timing of this announcement, the decision was made late in our testing for Game Update 1.2, after the team had examined the data and done additional internal testing. There was no deliberate delay. As soon as the decision was made, we communicated that to you. We realize it's a late announcement, but we felt it was only fair to communicate the change before Game Update 1.2 was pushed live.

Work on re-instating Ranked Warzones has already begun, and is the highest priority for the PvP team right now. They all want to bring the feature to you as soon as possible. However, we will not compromise on quality by rushing it to launch. As Daniel said, once we are satisfied Ranked Warzones work well and are fun for all who want to take part in them, we'll launch them.
You realise that pvpers were mostly looking for 1.2 as not being forced to play with 4 pugs, right???

HelinCarnate
04.11.2012 , 05:41 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by grfu View Post
Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, you can really feel the hatred flowing. You gotta give it to 'em. These PvPers really know how to RAGE. Anyway, it's very likely that the things were not going well in the testing process and they need to rework some stuff. So, no biggie, would rather have a feature that works than one that's buggy as hell.
And there would be just as much rage on the pve side if the new raids were not put in due to bugs. And imagine if they did this and still let you get the gear, but it would just take 3 times longer than previously expected. Then imagine all the PVP features being added and only the PvE stuff was delayed.

Don't pretend for a moment that the tears from that would somehow be less than what you are seeing here.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

cupofwater
04.11.2012 , 05:41 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthdesadarius View Post
Well Stephen, a free Tauntaun might make me forget that this little feature has been delayed
/signed
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."