Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fafryd
05.10.2012 , 05:32 PM | #3371
I would imagine there will be a number of cuts to the Dev team.

The customer base is unforgiving. It seems that Bioware missed the key point that voiceovers are irrelevant after the first time through. I have literally not listened to a single voiceover in 4 months. My spacebar gets a good workout.

It is gameplay and the content that you are playing that is relevant. The voiceovers are not.

Ranked WZ is an important part of what I want to play. I don't care much about Group Finder but it is essential. Cross server queues for WZ are essential.

Basic game mechanics that should've been in from launch. And if they were, there would be less QQ.

Anyway, what is the update on RWZ? I've not heard anything for ages. When will it hit Test server?

MrLeee
05.10.2012 , 05:55 PM | #3372
The moved some of the Dev team from DragonAge3 to SWTOR so I doubt there where any SWTOR dev cuts.
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Alrinea
05.21.2012 , 04:15 AM | #3373
1.2 is now 42 days old and STILL not even 8er invite for BGs. Is there anything to say, but what the heck are you doing exactly, just drinking coffee the whole damn day? Get up and fix it, we pay good money for playing your game. BioWare no wonder why your customers are leaving..... This game has so much potential and you doing nothing with it, AND the way you handle RANKED WARZONES are totally unproffessional, AT LEAST GIEV US A FKING DATE WHEN IT WILL COME OUT. You will continue to lose subscribers cause of your seemingly unloved pvp section!!!! DO YOU WANT the PvP players (who proberly make properly 40% of your subscribers) to go away....

Alrinea
05.23.2012 , 03:12 AM | #3374
Properly no RBGs/8er quen/cross server BG with 1.3 or 1.4 ok thats it, SWTOR is official dead. I giev Star Wars another 2 months before it becomes free to play or dies.

Terrankiller
05.23.2012 , 03:34 AM | #3375
Never buying an EA/Bioware game again.

Delease
05.23.2012 , 04:12 AM | #3376
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrankiller View Post
Never buying an EA/Bioware game again.
BW yes, EA no. This was my first EA game after i boycotted them from back in the Madden days lol

Alrinea
05.29.2012 , 02:36 AM | #3377
Quote: Originally Posted by BastianThun View Post
Wir gehen momentan schwer von 1.3 aus, da die Großteile des System nun überarbeitet sind und wir nur noch an Feinheiten sitzen. Eine definitive Aussage können wir euch nicht geben. Die gewerteten Kriegsgebiete sind eine sehr filigrane Angelegenheit. Wir wollen möglichst sichergehen, dass es wie gewünscht funktioniert. Da damals mit 1.2 tatsächlich nicht lösbare Probleme auftauchten, mussten wir das Ganze von Grund auf noch mal überarbeiten.

Es ist vorerst gedacht die Queue für premade 8er Teams einzubauen. Diese werden nicht serverübergreifend sein. Allerdings bestehen schon Pläne für serverübergreifendes PvP, diese allerdings in Zukunft und rechnet vorerst nicht damit. Nach den 8er Teams und einer Vorsaison ist geplant, z.B. das solo-ranking nachzureichen. Was die Serverpopulation angeht, sind dies eigene Punkte an denen wir ja arbeiten und die das PvP natürlich auch beinflussen werden. <- Transfers und Serverstruktur

Versteht bitte, dass wir euch keine Informationen geben wollen, wenn wir uns nicht recht sicher sind. Wir versuchen euch bestmöglichst auf dem Laufenden zu halten. Durch die damals auftretenden Probleme und die Neuüberarbeitung des PvP Rankings wurde der Zeitplan natürlich ziemlich durcheinander geworfen.

Ich gebe euch, allein als großer PvP-Fan, immer gerne Informationen weiter, sofern eben möglich. Ich verstehe absolut das ihr auf das ranked PvP wartet, ich trainiere mit nem 8er Team (oder eher 2*4er) schon seit Wochen ^^.

Grüße
Basti

Bastian Thun | German Community Coordinator
Folgt uns auf [Twitter] | Besucht uns auf [Facebook]
[Kontaktiert uns] [Verhaltensregeln] [F.A.Q.] [Dev-Tracker]

Thats a direct quote of a German CM. Ok I know most of you do not speak my mother language, thats why I will explain a bit what he is saying:
- 8er quen with your friends will be directly usable with 1.3, if nothing serious is happening, but sadly not cross server
- Cross server will not be in 1.3 at first, it will come short after with a pre-season and Solo-ranking
- RBG will come after that
- And he apologizes for a delay in information handling. They did not wanted to post something they were not entirely sure it will happen with 1.3.

For all of you who do speak German here is the llink:
http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...64#post4484364

wolfmith
05.29.2012 , 03:58 AM | #3378
Quote: Originally Posted by Alrinea View Post
Thats a direct quote of a German CM. Ok I know most of you do not speak my mother language, thats why I will explain a bit what he is saying:
- 8er quen with your friends will be directly usable with 1.3, if nothing serious is happening, but sadly not cross server
- Cross server will not be in 1.3 at first, it will come short after with a pre-season and Solo-ranking
- RBG will come after that
- And he apologizes for a delay in information handling. They did not wanted to post something they were not entirely sure it will happen with 1.3.

For all of you who do speak German here is the llink:
http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...64#post4484364
Thanks a lot for sharing ! apparently German community has a lot better communication with BW on forums than we have in English...
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX

Illyean
05.29.2012 , 04:33 AM | #3379
OMG! perhaps BW could get its communication team together and fire the *********** lot of them, this represents the third different story in as many weeks.

Does anyone in BW have a definitive line on ranked warzones and how it relates to the 1.3 timetable. Its gone past the point where any pvp'er actually cares much any more but it would be good to see that BW can actually manage a simple clear accurate communication that ALL BW staff can echo and that actually addresses the questions and concerns of the paying community, lest those left stop paying from sheer frustration

Alrinea
05.29.2012 , 05:12 AM | #3380
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfmith View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing ! apparently German community has a lot better communication with BW on forums than we have in English...
I must decline The german forums also have going nuts concering rated BGs, none of us knew anything at all till Bastian Thun the german CM wrote a few things. And look closly, he posted it only a few days ago, therefore we are not much more informed than you guys.