Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FRISKI
04.13.2012 , 01:23 PM | #3281
178,000 views..
Lurkers unite!

Coyotecalls
04.13.2012 , 01:24 PM | #3282
Quote: Originally Posted by sanghan View Post
sup why does it say today 7:47 or something it is 3:01 in east coast thats So weird
Can someone translate this mess?

To me it appears that he wrote, "What's up? Does it say today, at 7:47 or something? It is 3:01 on the east coast, that is so weird."

What the **** does that even mean? Why can't people type in complete sentences any more?
Wow, reading some of these posts, it's amazing we can actually function as a society at all...
~Livingston, SWTOR Forums.

Tempestuos
04.13.2012 , 01:37 PM | #3283
I love this game but tbh im not optimistic about the future..
The double standard between us & eu in terms of maintenance times etc gets on my **** a little, but beyond that, this patch is kinda make or break for the game & im sure im not alone when i say that its a little disappointing.
The way i see it you have to draw a line between the haters and the fanboys to see where the situation lies, the die hards are moaning & the returns are understandably pissed off..
All i can say is i hope it comes good
Last orders @ the bar Bio!

Sizzillean
04.13.2012 , 01:38 PM | #3284
Quote: Originally Posted by paromix View Post
I'm just hoping they can make the rated WZ cross server in a close futur... I see couple Servers (including mine: Chomai) with low population at all time. We barely have regular PVP games going on. So they are really no chance that we can have a rated WZ going on if WZ are not cross servers.
yea im also on chomai, i work 4-11pm westcoast time, im lucky to get a couple games in b4 work and afterwork its just dead town

Sytholis
04.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #3285
Quote: Originally Posted by besam View Post
The new patch is rubbish, played last night after downloading the new patch, played pvp as usual, got killed every 2 seconds, i am a bounty hunter dps, had a chat with all online , yes we agree we all have been nerfed, this is exactly the way AOC turned to crap
LMAO..." talked to all BH online we all have been nerfed"?? OMG L2P and this coming from a total non elitist...... What you cant spam tracers effectively anymore and stand back and aoe a group for 500k dmg that means nothing?

You had a 10% dmg nerf to tracers last patch note I read...maybe there is more, but how bout a dps built guardian. Specifically a Focus Guardian. A 30% nerf to their main ability, and even before that they had to raid to get power/surge mod/enhancements cause Cent/Champ/BM gear were built with accuracy and crit which were fairly useless stats to Focus Guardians.

My only suggestion to you other then to call a waaahmbulance to deal with your pain is adjust, adapt, and learn other moves. I did on my guardian and still havent mastered the new build I want, but still pull plenty of damage, and rocked quite a few solo with a jacked up build while I decide what to for the long term with it.

Torrun
04.13.2012 , 01:41 PM | #3286
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
people forget this is a new mmo and they all have their problems get over it if this game was over a year old and still haveing problems like this maybe you have more reason to moan
Sad part about all of this is if they knew it was broken and not ready, they should have told players before the patch came out and not on the day of the patch. Also awarding lvl 50 players 30 days of free play is fine but how about those of us that have been playing sence beta but either dont have the time or have more then one toon and have not hit lvl 50 yet? why award someone who may just got the game a week or two weeks ago and not players who have been with the game sence day one?

If stuff like this keeps going on, i can see lots and lots of players moving on. Will be sad seeing how this game even with bugs is a fine game, but awards etc.. Should be adressed and fixed for all and not juts a few, and as far as patches, if you knew it was broken dont tell people how great its going to be until it works right to start with and dont remove stuff from the patch, then have it download just to have it break even more of the game just put out a statment that says due to problems with the ptach it will be delayed until the bugs can be fixed, again dont rush it out then have to go back and patch it a day later to fix issues that it made. Makes your compnay look bad and players mad as hell.

Kyllum
04.13.2012 , 01:44 PM | #3287
i just want 8man queues....
Helios - lvl 50 War Hero juggernaut- Darth Malak
Youtube Channel: Sungodgaming

FormlessOne
04.13.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3288
I'm surprised that a heavily touted and, at least to customers, important feature like ranked warzones was apparently unceremoniously dropped mere days before 1.2 was released. Never mind the advertising, the interesting bugs after 1.2 rolled out, the sudden mess of characters unable to play or even log in - if major chunks of an update are pulled mere days before the release of that update with little more than a blog post and a shrug, that doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

All I can think is that there must've been one heck of a game of "schedule chicken," and here's to hoping the feature team for that work received a boot in the butt from their respective PMs.

It's starting to smell like "Star Trek Online" in here.

Tempestuos
04.13.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3289
Cross server pve & pvp ftw..
oh wait servers arent even up till 11pm-12am on a friday (gmt)
ps too many ghost towns... merge plz
im on red eclispe and its ok but i think its one of the most populated pve servers while tons of others are dead with no transfers available...
just my 2 pennies

Fonil
04.13.2012 , 01:57 PM | #3290
Quote: Originally Posted by FormlessOne View Post
I'm surprised that a heavily touted and, at least to customers, important feature like ranked warzones was apparently unceremoniously dropped mere days before 1.2 was released. Never mind the advertising, the interesting bugs after 1.2 rolled out, the sudden mess of characters unable to play or even log in - if major chunks of an update are pulled mere days before the release of that update with little more than a blog post and a shrug, that doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

All I can think is that there must've been one heck of a game of "schedule chicken," and here's to hoping the feature team for that work received a boot in the butt from their respective PMs.

It's starting to smell like "Star Trek Online" in here.
It wasn't days it was hours.