Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Calenei
04.11.2012 , 07:16 PM | #1001
Lol, the 'My Account' page is actually starting to freeze up due the usage at the moment. Wonder why that is...

Patch 1.1 - Rise of the Raghouls.

Patch 1.2 - Rage of the PvP'ers.

JefferyClark
04.11.2012 , 07:16 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Sincos View Post
Theres more people on the forums now then there are in the game
been that way for a while now... at least on most servers

DarkZeron
04.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
this will start WW3. europe will launch an invasion against Bioware austin
Spec ops already sighted at the shores of the US.
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

ILonestarI
04.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
While we have no current ETA for Ranked Warzones to be implemented, as a full development/testing cycle needs to be completed, we're hopeful it'll happen before the next major Game Update (1.3).
I'm reading this and I'm beginning to prepare myself that i won't be seeing rated Warzones til 1.3 (July?). Very discouraged as someone that does enjoy this game and want's to love it, but you guys keep "kicking PvPers to the curb" so to say. There's a great response that StewRR wrote earlier that I wish you guys would respond to but I'll reiterate the main point: if PvPers aren't your major focus, just make the point clear. This string and carrot thing is insulting to a large part of your player base.

I really just can't fathom how something that was so close to being in 1.2 that it was up for debate til presumably this day (8 hours before servers were intended to go down) is now being delayed and letting it known that there is a possibility that it might not be in til 1.3 (July?). I'm not someone that openly states, "I'm unsubbing, screw this!" but you guys keep pushing me to that ledge.

RicoFrost
04.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #1005
I would believe they are waiting for cross-server rated WZ so that one team wont dominate per server.
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html

krossfade
04.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #1006
Quote: Originally Posted by Sincos View Post
Theres more people on the forums now then there are in the game
Lol ya there was like 100 people in fleet, and then people started to discuss the rated stuff, and it dropped to about 35 people in like 5 mins, im on a pvp server, lota people were looking forward to this.

Good thing BW cant hear what people were saying in vent.

Wolfgarrex
04.11.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by nadokaoh View Post
yeah should of keep in broken stuff so people can complain its broken what you thinking
That is not the problem.
The problem is that it isn't ready. It should have been ready. PvPers have been waiting a LONG time for anything that changes up PvP in this game. Ranked warzones were it and they SHOULD be ready, no excuses.

djalexa
04.11.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1008
Did you guys see the new 1.2 patch trailer?

It doesn't have ranked warzones in it!
''I will gladly have your ... water!''

IndoTW
04.11.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by roguebill View Post
WoW's announcement of real names showing in forums had a pretty insane response.

That was a technical error though, this is literally a poor management/business decision made intentionally.

cashogy
04.11.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by RicoFrost View Post
I would believe they are waiting for cross-server rated WZ so that one team wont dominate per server.
um, thats kind of the point of rated wzs anyways

with cross server wzs, there is the potential for 1 team to dominate the ENTIRE GAME
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads