Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris... LAG

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Remamian
12.17.2011 , 12:07 AM | #1
Ok, seems to be only on taris... Every time i mount/dismount, pull up the map, get a quest update (completed or new quest options) move into a new area (local area change or minimap change) I lag for a few seconds. Now when i login my fps is at 1, and within 2 mins i crash.

IstareAtacidents
12.17.2011 , 12:13 AM | #2
The exact same thing happened to me. I made it to level 35 without a single graphical hiccup and now I cannot log into my character for more than 30 seconds and in those 30 seconds I cannot move my character at all. Then I get a windows pop up saying SWTOR has stopped working and will close.

Elocke
12.17.2011 , 12:18 AM | #3
same issue with me. I put in a ticket hoping they would move my character to a different location. It's like Taris just decided to not work anymore for my computer. Can log into other characters just fine. Been 24 hours, still no answer to my ticket.

Remamian
12.17.2011 , 12:23 AM | #4
I drop to 1fps and my memory usage launches to about 14gb anytime i enter a building/cave etc... i have about 3 seconds to back out backwards or i crash. Open world no lag... big memory leak

xXAngelicEvilXx
12.17.2011 , 12:26 AM | #5
I'm having the same issue.

I don't really keep track of fps, and I'm not even really sure how to do so, but I have the same lag issues.

Anytime I arrive in an area, new or old, which causes the name of the area to come up on screen, anytime I open the map, and anytime I have a quest updated, there is about 1-3 seconds of lag. I haven't had any crashes *crosses fingers* thankfully, but it is a pretty big annoyance to freeze everywhere, especially when you're fighting and a quest updates.

I came to Taris from Coruscant, so I haven't been to any other worlds, and don't know if they are having the same issue. Hopefully the team can find out what's causing it and possibly get it fixed, especially before launch.

Remamian
12.17.2011 , 12:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xXAngelicEvilXx View Post
I'm having the same issue.

I don't really keep track of fps, and I'm not even really sure how to do so, but I have the same lag issues.

Anytime I arrive in an area, new or old, which causes the name of the area to come up on screen, anytime I open the map, and anytime I have a quest updated, there is about 1-3 seconds of lag. I haven't had any crashes *crosses fingers* thankfully, but it is a pretty big annoyance to freeze everywhere, especially when you're fighting and a quest updates.

I came to Taris from Coruscant, so I haven't been to any other worlds, and don't know if they are having the same issue. Hopefully the team can find out what's causing it and possibly get it fixed, especially before launch.
careful, it seems to get steadily worse as times goes on in taris

Kezrael
12.17.2011 , 12:48 AM | #7
I'm having the same issue. I'm getting massive freezing, frame rate drops, and then unresponsiveness. It seems the farther west you go as Empire, the worse it gets. It started while on the SI quest line right before getting Ashara. Pulling up the map temporarily freezes the game and any quest update does the same.

I know it's not my system, as specs are below:

i7 2600k
16gb DDR3
nvidia gtx 570

Cervontez
12.17.2011 , 01:09 AM | #8
Same issue here. Though it seems there is a huge memory leak that gets worst over time. Taris is horrible. I did a quick game restart, must of been 20 secs, and got put in a 1hr queue. Unacceptable

Remamian
12.17.2011 , 02:12 AM | #9
I'm doing space, then going back and exploring. Unfortunately the place that lags me out is a quest turn-in for the main story line... so i cant advance any further. Looks like my streak of lvling has gone down the drain with this one. 35 and a dead halt

The_Assuran
12.17.2011 , 02:33 AM | #10
I know that there was a Memory Leak in Beta on Taris.

I can confirm that it still exists, as, like the rest of you, my game stuttered once I reached the far side of Taris.