Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Toons - Will the level faster with 1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Toons - Will the level faster with 1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jedi_newb
04.11.2012 , 11:33 AM | #1
I apologize if this has already been answered, but I was trying to dig through some of the legacy topics, and I was wondering if there are any unlocks or features of 1.2 that allow your legacy characters to level faster?

Thanks!

AkilZodiac
04.11.2012 , 11:34 AM | #2
The leveling experience was not altered in any way.

In short: No.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

jedi_newb
04.11.2012 , 11:35 AM | #3
Balls.

Thank you very much for the short, clear, quick answer!

Bowtuk
04.11.2012 , 11:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jedi_newb View Post
I apologize if this has already been answered, but I was trying to dig through some of the legacy topics, and I was wondering if there are any unlocks or features of 1.2 that allow your legacy characters to level faster?

Thanks!
the "coming soon" part of the legacy interface adds xp buffs (pvp, flashpoint, or quests?) that you can buy for legacy alts.

As of right now, there's no xp buff, but the characters you level will gain presence, from previous maxed out companions on higher chars. Other than the performance upgrade for your companions on legacy alts, that's about all there is currently.

AkilZodiac
04.11.2012 , 11:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowtuk View Post
the "coming soon" part of the legacy interface adds xp buffs (pvp, flashpoint, or quests?) that you can buy for legacy alts.

As of right now, there's no xp buff, but the characters you level will gain presence, from previous maxed out companions on higher chars. Other than the performance upgrade for your companions on legacy alts, that's about all there is currently.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Naviss
04.11.2012 , 11:38 AM | #6
Also if you have toons that have finished Chapt. 2 of their main story line you get their class buff on all your other toons. That can really help when leveling a new toon.

Daeada
04.11.2012 , 11:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AkilZodiac View Post
The leveling experience was not altered in any way.

Except for having the potential for always having all 4 class buffs. That alone can make a huge difference in the total time it takes from 1-50.

DavidBass
04.11.2012 , 12:01 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by jedi_newb View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowtuk View Post
Purchasable character-specific upgrades (including increased XP for certain elements of the game) are indeed in the Coming Soon tab of Legacy. You can expect these upgrades to become available in Game Update 1.3.

jedi_newb
04.11.2012 , 12:06 PM | #9
Thanks again everyone.

Has there been any communication around the time (month?) that 1.3 is planned?

ProxyKalevra
04.11.2012 , 12:34 PM | #10
everyone is missing one thing if you have a lvl 50 human you will get a "decent" presence buff making your companion tougher... so lvling and soloing should be easier on all toons from that point on...

but no not faster...(gona have to keep an eye out for unintended side effects tho might be able to exploit a few lvls here or there.)