Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do jugg/guardians really need a penalty in defensive stance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Do jugg/guardians really need a penalty in defensive stance?

gofortheko
04.11.2012 , 09:26 AM | #1
The Shadow/Sin nor the VG/PT have a penalty when they are in their respective tank stances, so I am curious as to why a jugg/guard who are in tank stance suffer a penalty to their rage/focus generation?

If its because of the rage/focus generation from being hit in tank stance, take it out, we dont need it. I would rather be able to generate all the time focus/rage than situational generation from being hit.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

Qixel
04.11.2012 , 10:02 AM | #2
I don't know about PTs and VGs, but my Assassin's Dark Charge hits me with a cut of damage, so we have a draw back, too.

Toogeloo
04.11.2012 , 10:21 AM | #3
I'd like to know why it's so easy to switch stances on the fly for both Jug and PT, but Sins have to wait for their energy to completely regenerate.

Why not make the Juggernaut have full rage before switching and doing so costs all of it... and Powertech has to have 0 Heat, and switching costs him 100 Heat.

Katahn
04.11.2012 , 10:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
I'd like to know why it's so easy to switch stances on the fly for both Jug and PT, but Sins have to wait for their energy to completely regenerate.

Why not make the Juggernaut have full rage before switching and doing so costs all of it... and Powertech has to have 0 Heat, and switching costs him 100 Heat.
I'm curious what the rationale was for adding the 100 energy cost for Assassins. If the problem is "stance dancing" I am not sure how it was bad for Assassins but not for Juggernauts or Powertechs. But, under the assumption it was causing a problem I would first ask what problem exists for Juggernauts and Powertechs that would require them to pay a similar price.

Of course a Juggernaut can't exactly just build up maximum rage whenever they want so some other mechanism would be needed.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

TheLakers
04.11.2012 , 11:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Qixel View Post
I my Assassin's .
Hahahaha.

No, you're class stupidly broken. You do infinitely more damage while having more HP and suriviability than any other tank class, especially Juggs. You're also, by far, the best PvP class/spec in the game for a multitude of reasons. It's not close.

Please.

gofortheko
04.12.2012 , 12:02 AM | #6
PT/VGs have a cast time associated with changing stances, lets not spread false info.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

Qixel
04.12.2012 , 12:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLakers View Post
Hahahaha.

No, you're class stupidly broken. You do infinitely more damage while having more HP and suriviability than any other tank class, especially Juggs. You're also, by far, the best PvP class/spec in the game for a multitude of reasons. It's not close.

Please.
I never said my assassin was weaker/stronger than my juggernaut. I merely pointed out that I take a 5% cut to my bonus damage while in Dark Charge. Umad?

Caelrie
04.12.2012 , 12:04 AM | #8

Bioware doesn't like adaptability in a class.

Toogeloo
04.12.2012 , 12:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
PT/VGs have a cast time associated with changing stances, lets not spread false info.
Cast time is a Single GCD. It's not like a 5 second cast or anything.

For Assassin, you literally have to do nothing but free attacks for however long it takes to get 100 Energy so you can switch, and then do nothing but free attacks again until your energy has regenerated enough to use other attacks.

JoeOrno
04.12.2012 , 12:46 AM | #10
Cast time is a Single GCD. It's not like a 5 second cast or anything.

For Assassin, you literally have to do nothing but free attacks for however long it takes to get 100 Energy so you can switch, and then do nothing but free attacks again until your energy has regenerated enough to use other attacks.
First of all....i'm suprised seeing as you have a 50 Juggernaught you do not see the problem.

Focus/Rage requires consistently being in combat to generate and is constantly used up...Assassins/Shadows can run in deal damage and use up their pool and then kite out of the fight while it recharges. That alone makes the class far more mobile than the JG/SJ

a 5% damage penalty? please....thats nothing to sneeze at and any Guardian who wouldn't jump at Soresu having a 5% damage penalty over its focus generation penalty is crazy. ...lets not forget your Defensive stance self heals you aswell.

Now about stance jumping....DONT DO IT....your character should be geared for your spec and therefore stance jumping isn't even logical....so what if you have a taunt....dropping into your tank stance and taunting isn't going to tank anything because your gear wont allow it in PvE or PvP if you are seriously DPS.

I have never...not even once seen a stance switch save a group....the only time i've seen DPSers pull off a quick tanking encounter is when they already had the gear to do it and therefore the stance change was already irreleveant to the outcome of the fight.
Terentateks? Joe Orno soloed eighteen Terentateks with one hand tied behind his back...And he said " Ooorah!" each time one hit the dust!
(〓█:\\\██δ▀██[Ξ][Pain is weakness leaving the body U.S.M.C