Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 patch notes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roccobb
04.11.2012 , 09:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Couldn't you just read the final final notes as 1.2 is downloading? i'm sure they'll be added onto the launcher in time.
Yeah, sure. I could stay up past midnight to read them, I guess. Thank you for the great suggestion!

Quintan
04.11.2012 , 09:34 AM | #12
Final Notes:

SWTOR = No WoW Killer

SWTOR = 6000 years into Warhammer

Resallaprov
04.11.2012 , 09:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
They are less likely to change from today till 14 hours from now. That quote was taken from the link provided, and last updated a week ago, as I also included in the quote. The link sends us to the PTS patch notes. Which of course are subject to change.

If they still do not know what they are, and are not going to include in the 1.2 release, this close to release, then there is an issue. They know exactly what is being released.
IF there are changes they will be minor. The link provided have the latest. If that's not good enough, then wait till they show up under the NEWS & UPSDATES link "Patch Notes".

/thread

Gangrel
04.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #14
They are less likely to change from today till 14 hours from now. That quote was taken from the link provided, and last updated a week ago, as I also included in the quote. The link sends us to the PTS patch notes. Which of course are subject to change.

If they still do not know what they are, and are not going to include in the 1.2 release, this close to release, then there is an issue. They know exactly what is being released.
Not *quite* true, as there are cases (from other MMO's that i have played) in where the live and test server setups are just different enough, that when rolling out the patch to live, something *HAS* gone wrong, and so something or other got pulled at the very very last minute.

Hell, if you even look at what was in the game during beta, and then what got pulled (match to chest coloring)... the same thing could be said.

Eve Online normally has one or two things that should have been in the patch, but due to a last minute case of "bug!" it didnt make it in.

*shrugs* so whilst I do agree in that they *should* know what will be in the patch notes as a grand overall view... the actual nitty gritty stuff gets fully confirmed around the time of patch launch.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) I have seen more intellegence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.

Petromir
04.11.2012 , 09:48 AM | #15
So naive, so ignorant of how these things work.

All changes have to be collated and checked, they then have to decide if a change should be put in and how they are described if they are put in. (If they didn't do this then actual information being got out of the patch notes would be impossible for most). Once that's happened they go through approval processes to check everything that's got through.

Anyone who's worked in any corporate environment knows how long they take to make even seemingly simple decisions.

Also a small amount of MMO experience should tell you that a patch going live from a test environment is subject to develop new bugs due to the different environment. Not releasing patch notes means they can disable things during the launch process,LOTRO did this at least once, but launched its patch notes the week before, meaning there was extra QQing.

CerberusSeven
04.11.2012 , 12:03 PM | #16
Close to the final notes, huh? So, BW didn't listen to the Trooper/Bounty Hunter community at all about our healing nerfs?

Subotica
04.11.2012 , 06:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CerberusSeven View Post
Close to the final notes, huh? So, BW didn't listen to the Trooper/Bounty Hunter community at all about our healing nerfs?
Hey if you want devs that listen go play Rift. Then again that community isn't nowhere near as squalid as this one. I wouldn't listen to this community either.

Innocences
04.11.2012 , 08:17 PM | #18
I think BW should require one level 50 character to unlock sprint at level 1. That's BS that I had to run around 8 characters with no sprint and new players get it right a way. It should be a level 50 legacy unlock.

Roccobb
04.11.2012 , 08:26 PM | #19
For the record, after today and rated WZ, I withdraw my request to see notes the day before.

However, I must laugh at the person who said only small changes from those notes updated April 6 on PTS. And at the mod who posted here. This was no small change. I don't care for rated WZ, one way or the other, but I know it was nothing small.

kunfoostu
04.11.2012 , 10:28 PM | #20
Im with these guys on patch notes. Release them prior or during patching not a day later.
Thats just poor ......who wants to read them after the patch is deployed?
I like to read them during the patches when i cant play the game not days later.

Seems amateurish and almost backwards to me.