Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Healing Worthless. Terribad. Not worth playing heal spec in pvp.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
PVP Healing Worthless. Terribad. Not worth playing heal spec in pvp.

Laerke
12.19.2011 , 09:28 AM | #21
Is this your first time rolling a healing character? If so it can take a little bit to getting used to before you find it easy.

I actually love healing in PvP. I have pulled the highest healing overall in quite a few warfronts. But it really depends on if you stay with a big group or you are just running around with one person. Also, you will get a AoE healing and HoT later on which will make a huge difference. Right now if you are a lower level you can only single target heal. Plus I do a lot of bubbling of people as well to absorb damage and using my CC's.

Jacerx
12.19.2011 , 09:46 AM | #22
Sorry OP- your post is invalid.

You have a melee skill on your bar. You call yourself a sorcerer????

Niquity
12.19.2011 , 10:01 AM | #23
iv played all the healing class types in my 9 month beta phase i was in. I lvl a sorc to 50 twice and i can say sorcs are a healer that walks a fine line between very strong and easy to kill. if you use all your ability's and play like your a squishy you will do a lot better. you have interrupts, knock back, slows, stuns, long duration cc (WW).
sprint, and a shield. this class has all the tools to be the most ninja like healer.

you just need to play your healer like a dps that don't want to get hit and (the class can do it) once you get good at stopping your attacker the fact you have heals will feel OP imo.

i would do a few games like this even if it means your not healing others as much as you want its worth it if you can master this style. Healing others will be so easy after you master cc/kiting well.

if you learn the game once you began to understand how the other classes work. you will start do do a lot better, the Sorc to me ls like a Priest/mage.

And they really are.

P.S. Innervate is really strong at 30 and at 37 you really get a lot of force management control

TarristerWelm
12.19.2011 , 10:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by lectotrans View Post
it appears to me that your screenshot clearly shows that sorcs did the most healing. and the greatest total damage was done by a sorc.

so no, it's not really a prime example. aside from the fact that the end totals don't really give a good accounting of how the match went, or who did what. for all we know those BHs were sitting in mid dpsing down whatever noobs were dumb enough to sit in mid and let them, rather than doing what they're supposed to. like getting the ball to the other side, or killing the ball carrier of the enemy team
I think it was sarcasm?
Tyran of Havoc Squad, "Why don't you swallow a grenade and do us all a favor."

Niquity
12.19.2011 , 12:17 PM | #25
it appears to me that your screenshot clearly shows that sorcs did the most healing. and the greatest total damage was done by a sorc.

so no, it's not really a prime example. aside from the fact that the end totals don't really give a good accounting of how the match went, or who did what. for all we know those BHs were sitting in mid dpsing down whatever noobs were dumb enough to sit in mid and let them, rather than doing what they're supposed to. like getting the ball to the other side, or killing the ball carrier of the enemy team
LOL you got trolled by sarcasm.

Niquity
12.19.2011 , 12:38 PM | #26

LOL you got trolled by sarcasm.

avictor
12.19.2011 , 12:48 PM | #27
I had issues with healing but then I figured it out. I can easily take 2 doods blasting away on one of my guys and dps at the same time.

This is what I do

Static barrier
HoT the target with 2 HoTs.
HOT + SB + biggest heal is OP
Purge like a mofo

done! get some pew pew in there and you are golden. I really enjoy how the Inq can CC, pew pew and heal all at the same time!
The last thing the enemy will see is my muzzle flash of freedom!

lebenharvest
12.19.2011 , 03:07 PM | #28
funny spec the most viable way you still can Hardly out heal 1 dps.

I enjoy how people boast they "Know how to play their class & you should learn"

Yea... Because the game is so simple a small child can comprehend it.

Get real... hurp durp l2p bro.
Squadron 11-11-11

Wolfesscythe
12.19.2011 , 03:30 PM | #29
I think a lot of people expect this game to be like WoW, where healers are impossible to kill. That's just not the case.

Healing is super effective. Myself and a friend/guildie of mine have gone 2v5 with him healing, and me as an assassin in Warzones.
SQUADRON238

Modecrypt
12.20.2011 , 10:30 AM | #30
@OP,

Sorcs are healing beasts and when you add our control abilities it puts at the top of the pile.

1. Don't mouse click
2. Use LOS or obstacles
3. Separate with CC
4. Use the combos available to you in the healing tree