Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why Twi'lek cannot Choose Bounty Hunter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why Twi'lek cannot Choose Bounty Hunter?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
04.10.2012 , 10:48 PM | #21
Also, I think most of the Twi'lek players chose female right?

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
04.10.2012 , 10:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Also, I think most of the Twi'lek players chose female right?
In this game, most people choose female regardless because the males just look silly in most cases. Unless you're going for the bald, muscular broody type your out of luck when it comes to char customization. As a male, you can look like a hippie, bieber, a hobo or a fruitcake.

Twi'leks specifically though, yeah. The males look hideous because the lore demands them to. :P

JediElf's Avatar


JediElf
04.10.2012 , 11:09 PM | #23
Umm...sorry no.

The males in this game look just fine, and you can make some fine looking player characters. Twi males look very good, and the lore has been revised a bit (at least in some of the comics), to depict them as handsome, and alluring like the females.

Also I agree with the OP. Why can't Twis be bounty hunters? I'd say that would be a good profession for a Twi, it suits them well.

Guess I'll have to get my Twi SI up to level 50 now. O_O
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
04.10.2012 , 11:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Umm...sorry no.

The males in this game look just fine, and you can make some fine looking player characters. Twi males look very good, and the lore has been revised a bit (at least in some of the comics), to depict them as handsome, and alluring like the females.

Also I agree with the OP. Why can't Twis be bounty hunters? I'd say that would be a good profession for a Twi, it suits them well.

Guess I'll have to get my Twi SI up to level 50 now. O_O
My post was completely opinion mixed with joking. Really need to start putting in "JOKING" every time I say something halfhearted. As someone else said, the devs couldn't get the helmets working without massive clipping problems as it was playable at some point.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.10.2012 , 11:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
In this game, most people choose female regardless because the males just look silly in most cases. Unless you're going for the bald, muscular broody type your out of luck when it comes to char customization. As a male, you can look like a hippie, bieber, a hobo or a fruitcake.

Twi'leks specifically though, yeah. The males look hideous because the lore demands them to. :P
My body type 2 male Pureblood Juggernaut would like a word.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

CJ_SAX_MAN's Avatar


CJ_SAX_MAN
04.11.2012 , 12:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
He obviously meant Smuggler as in the closest playable class her attributes/weapons are.
Yes i was thinking gear-wise

Vette-smuggler (or IA?) (medium armor focused on cunning, and pistols)

Quinn-IA (medium cunning gear.) (and whoever's idea it was to get 2 companions in a row that share the same type of armor and gear >)

Jaesa-Sith Assassin (non tanking) (inquisitor)

Lieutenant Pierce BH, or actually closer to Trooper since he uses a rifle

Haven't got my next companion and atm I don't remember who it is, i think it is that weird looking furry guy with several eyes

Kaliyoh-Bounty Hunter all the way, not only same gear but seems to have the attitude of it.

Believe Khem is supposed to be similar to a SW but not sure.

the Sith inquisitor companion (can't remember race, it is General Greivous's race), He seems like a Kenetic combat assassin (could be regular). I could be wrong though. I was judging by the 50 sorc that gave me a flashpoint run.

Think the consular trandoshan is like another warrior type

I can't remember others off the top of my head now.

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
04.11.2012 , 12:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
Quinn-IA (medium cunning gear.) (and whoever's idea it was to get 2 companions in a row that share the same type of armor and gear >)
Bounty hunters got:
Mako (medium armor, cunning + endurance)
Gault (medium armor, cunning + endurance)
Torian Cadera (heavy armor, aim + endurance)
Blizz (heavy armor, aim + endurance)
Skadge (heavy armor, aim + endurance)

Hows that for variety?
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.11.2012 , 12:21 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Bounty hunters got:
Mako (medium armor, cunning + endurance)
Gault (medium armor, cunning + endurance)
Torian Cadera (heavy armor, aim + endurance)
Blizz (heavy armor, aim + endurance)
Skadge (heavy armor, aim + endurance)

Hows that for variety?
Trooper and most of his associates. (heavy armor, Aim + Endurance)
Makes it easier to fit them all out. Well, M1-4X takes Droid parts and Yuun uses Medium armor, but ALL stats are the same. Aim + End.

This is according to TORhead, now. So I can't vouch for Yuun using Medium Armor with Aim stat. He and Vik are the only two I don't have yet on my Trooper. If that's true about Yuun, you'll have to use his Mission reward gear if you actually want to use him in combat. In other words, he'll be sitting on my ship collecting dust.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Xeta's Avatar


Xeta
04.11.2012 , 12:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
In this game, most people choose female regardless because the males just look silly in most cases. Unless you're going for the bald, muscular broody type your out of luck when it comes to char customization. As a male, you can look like a hippie, bieber, a hobo or a fruitcake.

Twi'leks specifically though, yeah. The males look hideous because the lore demands them to. :P
I completely disagree. I have 8 male characters (I feel weird playing a female...) and none of them resemble hobos, hippies, "fruitcakes," or Justin Bieber. None are bald and broody either.
Xeta - Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Assassin, Rancor Handler, etc.
Formerly Flurry (SWG), currently Begeren Colony

<Twin Sun Mercenaries>

CJ_SAX_MAN's Avatar


CJ_SAX_MAN
04.11.2012 , 08:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Bounty hunters got:
Mako (medium armor, cunning + endurance)
Gault (medium armor, cunning + endurance)
Torian Cadera (heavy armor, aim + endurance)
Blizz (heavy armor, aim + endurance)
Skadge (heavy armor, aim + endurance)

Hows that for variety?
That sucks

Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Trooper and most of his associates. (heavy armor, Aim + Endurance)
Makes it easier to fit them all out. Well, M1-4X takes Droid parts and Yuun uses Medium armor, but ALL stats are the same. Aim + End.

This is according to TORhead, now. So I can't vouch for Yuun using Medium Armor with Aim stat. He and Vik are the only two I don't have yet on my Trooper. If that's true about Yuun, you'll have to use his Mission reward gear if you actually want to use him in combat. In other words, he'll be sitting on my ship collecting dust.
Why would they make a companion who is that ridiculously hard to get gear for? That's like getting some force user companion who wears light armor, but their main stats are Strength and Endurance (Marauder/Juggernauts prim stats who wear medium/heavy)