Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TORmeter: Combat Parser for upcoming 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
TORmeter: Combat Parser for upcoming 1.2

Hunkberget
04.10.2012 , 05:58 PM | #1
Hey guys,

first of all, I hope this isn't a violation of any terms. I can't see how it is, however, since all it's doing is compiling a bunch of information already accessable, though somewhat cryptic, through the combat logs.

I've been developing this since the release of 1.2 on the test realms. Lately I've spent time integrating a UI for it, making it more user friendly for a bigger crowd. However, I would like to state this is simply a placeholder untill someone clever makes a kick-*** parser in the future.

Here's a picture of the "TORmeter" in action:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3681/tormeterlol.jpg

I'll make a brief comment of the utilities:
  • Loading of any logfile or option to always load latest non empty log.
  • Set limits to encounter times to easier filter fights of no importance.
  • Set threshold for combat intervals; merging entries within a given time limit. (i.e if you dump combat briefly in an encounter)
  • Choose between recent fights and analyze these in depth, or simply write everything to a file. (dps, hps, crit%, avoidance%, largest heal, largest hit)
  • See a time vs. dps/hps plot of a specified encounter.

More info is in the readme file, but long story short: Unzip the TORmeter folder into your CombatLogs folder.

There are some issues with errors on first time startup and sometimes when closing. These are due to my lacking experience with GUI programming (I usually do scientific work). These should not be critical, and I hope you can forgive me for them.

If you find anything weird, post it here or visit my guild's website at oldschoolguild.enjin.com

Download (sorry for the crappy uploading site, might get it on a better server later):

TORmeter0.42.zip - 17.4 MB (uploading.com)

Keep in mind that only me and some guildies of mine have been testing this. There might be several bugs. Some issues are listed in the readme. Hope you guys find use for it, and GL on beating 1.2!

NB: The manner of which combat data was written to the log files changes some time ago. Most of the testing has been done prior to this, and the changes made to adapt it should work. However, if you encounter any bugs, feedback is most wanted!

Skygge out.

DarthOvertone
04.10.2012 , 06:12 PM | #2
Awesome mang! Thanks for this. Was wondering when the first combat log parsers were going to show up. I will definitely try it out.
Alphawood - Alphanoob - Alphabolt - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Hunkberget
04.11.2012 , 04:17 AM | #3
Glad to see it can be appreciated!

Shingara
04.11.2012 , 04:22 AM | #4
its all ok and not against the rules aslong as it isnt a paid for survice and it aint a dodgy site.

edit, thats to the ops opening line btw if anyone was wondering.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Hunkberget
04.11.2012 , 09:28 AM | #5
It's free, and I don't really consider myself dodgy either ^^

good to know; thanks!

Hunkberget
04.12.2012 , 12:29 PM | #6
Double post!

Fixed some bugs today, should be more stable now Thanks for the feedback!

Satuin
04.12.2012 , 02:35 PM | #7
"Your Newest log contains no encounter Iformation.
If you want to review an older log,please select if from the file->load log option."
ämm i was just in a raid and want to analyze my log but i only get this message ....
pls help i always load the Raid file.

Hunkberget
04.13.2012 , 06:02 AM | #8
What happens is that on logout or logins, new combat logs can be created, that only contain some login/logout information. These will produce the error you just posted. If you manually through the file menu and "load log" option load the raid file (which should be several hundred or thousand kilobytes), this message should not appear.

If you are absolutely sure you are loading the correct file, and it contains information, and you still get this feedback, please send me the file on PM (as much as it lets you post).

DarthOvertone
04.13.2012 , 12:15 PM | #9
Going to download your app this weekend and give it a run. I'll give you what feedback I can.
Alphawood - Alphanoob - Alphabolt - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

supergromz
04.18.2012 , 06:27 AM | #10
Fonctionne pas !

Ca me dit : Fichier vide

Mon fichier n'est pas vide !