Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The definitive word on end game itemization in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The definitive word on end game itemization in 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthBloodloss
04.10.2012 , 04:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vid-szhite View Post
So does this mean the changes to Battlemaster gear that happened at the outset of 1.2 are coming after all, or are they just having their Expertise increased?
"These changes to the stat distribution are a result of issues fixed with the original Battlemaster set of mods. As mentioned before, we will automatically update your Battlemaster items to the new version when you log into the game the first time after 1.2 has been deployed, provided that the items still contain their original mods. Reinserting these mods into the existing gear will suffice for this purpose."

The stats can change. They changed the enhancement of certain BM pieces, resulting in different stat allocation (Power/Surge, instead of Accuracy/Crit - for example).
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

jersyiii
04.10.2012 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vid-szhite View Post
So does this mean the changes to Battlemaster gear that happened at the outset of 1.2 are coming after all, or are they just having their Expertise increased?
he sais it in his post ...

As of 1.2, Battlemaster gear features an increased budget of expertise and an update stat distribution on a small subset of items on some classes.

GeorgZoeller
04.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Are there going to be a new level of implants and earpieces for us to spend daily commendations on, at an increased price? Or will the commendations continue to be used mainly for Rakata Ear/Implants at 120 per?
We have added new relics that can be purchased with daily commendations in 1.2.

Luxidenstore
04.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #14
My behind feels a bit sore, Bioware.
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

Vid-szhite
04.10.2012 , 04:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
These changes to the stat distribution are a result of issues fixed with the original Battlemaster set of mods. As mentioned before, we will automatically update your Battlemaster items to the new version when you log into the game the first time after 1.2 has been deployed, provided that the items still contain their original mods. Reinserting these mods into the existing gear will suffice for this purpose.

The stats can change. They changed the enhancement of certain BM pieces, resulting in different stat allocation (Power/Surge, instead of Accuracy/Crit - for example).
Right, and I wanted to know if this was still happening instead of the way it is right now on the Test server - with all the itemization reverted back to live stats, except with expertise increased.

Quote: Originally Posted by jersyiii View Post
he sais it in his post ...

As of 1.2, Battlemaster gear features an increased budget of expertise and an update stat distribution on a small subset of items on some classes.
I know this. I read the post. I wanted to know if that meant what I thought it meant, that Battlemaster gear IS being changed to be different from current live stats after all, and is NOT being reverted completely like Rakata was.

DecanAndersen
04.10.2012 , 04:28 PM | #16
Hey Georg, a lot of great news.

Just a few questions.

Artifice:
Im an artifice, and i was hoping for new schematics at my vendor.
Will i be unemployed in 1,2 as well as i am now in 1,1,5 with the crystal vendor?
As you describe it, expertise crystals can be bought in the pvp vendor,
and new schematics will only drop on hard raids.
Im kind of nervous about this, as there are no other crafting skill that appeals to me.

New orange gear:
Will there be new designs besides the pvp and fp gear?
Where will they be? Dropped on marked or available for crafters to buy at the synthweaver vendor?
And finally, will there PLEASE be more male like cloth for light armor?
I dont want my shadow to run around looking like a drag-queen

Keep up the great work.
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

GeorgZoeller
04.10.2012 , 04:33 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DecanAndersen View Post

Just one question.
Will i be unemployed in 1,2 as well as i am now in 1,1,5 with the crystal vendor?
Im kind of nervous about this, as there are no other crafting skill that appeals to me.

Decan
Hey,

First off, some colors of expertise crystals are crafter only - the schematics and materials are obtained through the PvP vendor.

We've added a low level and endgame version of the magenta crystals, with the schematic available through a number of sources in game (not just Operations).

The crystal vendor from 1.1.5 was removed and several of the crystals are now exclusive to artifice. See the complete 1.2. patch notes for details.

Kjempebikkja
04.10.2012 , 04:35 PM | #18
Thx for this info Georg!

Vid-szhite
04.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DecanAndersen View Post

Just one question.

Decan
Artifice is the Enhancement maker. You can reverse-engineer powerful (Rakata, Columi, Battlemaster) enhancements to learn their schematics and make money hand over fist, because every class uses similar enhancements, and they go in every piece of gear unlike color crystals, which only go in weapons. I'm actually kind of worried that Artifice will be overpowered because of that.

Visue
04.10.2012 , 04:38 PM | #20
Thanks.