Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The definitive word on end game itemization in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The definitive word on end game itemization in 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kognos
04.10.2012 , 06:51 PM | #91
So which pieces were changed? Where are the stats? I assume these changes were on test for a couple of weeks and you wouldn't dream of testing them on live instead of the test server. More proof of paid beta incoming, thanks for sucking.

Dylancholy
04.10.2012 , 06:52 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Kognos View Post
So which pieces were changed? Where are the stats? I assume these changes were on test for a couple of weeks and you wouldn't dream of testing them on live instead of the test server. More proof of paid beta incoming, thanks for sucking.
uh... what?

WrecklessMEDIC
04.10.2012 , 06:56 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Well, that's unfortunate, since I have basically no control over whether additional BM tokens drop for me or not before Thursday (gear generally takes 2-3 tokens).

I guess I could grind 4000 warzone commendations. Not a very good solution.

If I hang on to 1k comms, do those go away too? Can I convert 1000 merc to 330 warzone afterwards?
You'll be able to convert your 1000 merc into 1000 wz comms in the next patch. As opposed to the 330 you would get if you converted today.

Regault
04.10.2012 , 06:58 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

All Campaign gear can also be reverse engineered for a chance to learn the associated schematic. For armor, this means a chance to learn the custom (orange) appearance of item, for implants, earpieces, mods, etc. This means learning to craft the item itself. All of these may be crafted critical for an additional augment slot or, in case of a mods, additional resulting items.

So is pre-existing flashpoint gear able to be reverse engineered for orange shells or just the Campaign gear you're adding with this patch? I really can't see anyone ever wanting one of the Campaign sets as an orange aside from maybe the Trooper chest.

Also seriously upset that the new Investigation/Treasure Hunting Armstech/Artifice orange shell recipes are just identical models at 20 and 50 instead of quest reward copies like Underworld Trading recipes. A lot of gunslingers are still stuck with no way to clone the A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler.

Regault
04.10.2012 , 07:00 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by SootyTX View Post
It was stated at the guild summit (iirc) that at some not-too-distant point social gear will 'upgrade' to the appropriate armor type for a specific character. Don't have time right now to search through the vids but that is the plan.
Yes, for some reason Bioware would rather iceskate uphill than just add Gladiator, Crimson Mandalorian, and the other Medium/Heavy social sets from beta back into the game.

VulcanLogic
04.10.2012 , 07:01 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Tionese / Columi / Rakata Gear

These sets are not changing. Their stats have not changed from their pre 1.2 state and they are acquired in the same way as they were before 1.2, except for the following changes:
Real quick, but on the PTS as of right now, April 10, there is defense rating on the boots and chest pieces of all Tionese sets, regardless of role. The DPS gear has it, the Healing gear has it. Seeing defense rating on medium Cunning armor is puzzling. Is this intended?
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

Ripcurldude
04.10.2012 , 07:03 PM | #97
What about the lvl of augments? Are they staying the same? Just like crystals?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

* Squadron 238 *

GeorgZoeller
04.10.2012 , 07:08 PM | #98 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Ofoz View Post
I assume when I log in after the patch that all my existing Columi and Rakata will have the armoring slot added to it?
That is correct.

GeorgZoeller
04.10.2012 , 07:10 PM | #99 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ztee View Post
Why are crafters making BiS gear once the schematic is obtained?

I donít like the fact orange gear will be required from a min / max perspective.

Any word on being able to add augment slots to purple ops obtained items without the need to RE / go through a crafter.
The word is that yes, we are aiming to provide the ability to add augment slots to any orange gear (including social gear) with a future Game Update (we're hoping for 1.3). More on this later.

GeorgZoeller
04.10.2012 , 07:13 PM | #100 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DecanAndersen View Post
Thanks for the reply, awesome news!
Guess you didnt get my edited question, so just a quick one more.

New orange gear:
Will there be new designs besides the pvp and fp gear?
Where will they be? Dropped on marked or available for crafters to buy at the synthweaver vendor?
And finally, will there PLEASE be more male like cloth for light armor?
I dont want my shadow to run around looking like a drag-queen
I have found ONE pair of pants for him, muse-leggings.
And that took me ages to find, on Quesh.

Keep up the great work.
Yes, we've added additional orange gear to the game. Schematics for it is distributed mostly through mission discoveries.