Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling need for companions

stylgar
12.16.2011 , 11:36 PM | #1
Really sucks when people roll need for companions...

So... I was running BT as a bounty hunter when a sith warrior rolls need on a blaster pistol because his companion could use it. Even when asked politely to let me have since it is a huge upgrade he ignores. So is rolling need for companions the new type of ninjaing?

leojreimroc
12.16.2011 , 11:51 PM | #2
That's complete bull. There needs to be a need/companion need/greed. This would fix the problem.

Moongyrl
12.17.2011 , 02:36 AM | #3
Something like that happened to me earlier tonight and then later in the Hammer instance, the chest piece from the boss drops for me, Being the only force using heavy armor wearer i got a smile on my face till the bounty hunter needed it.

"Oh i get confused when there are three buttons, and didnt read the stats."

Lazy and Stupid or just being a ninja?

LastDarkness
12.17.2011 , 05:21 AM | #4
Well since the vast majority of the game is solo missions with your companions, rolling need on them is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Ive discussed this with many Flashpoint groups and no one has had any problems with it so far. Especialy since I see Jedi/Trooper rolling on each others gear even though it dosnt have their preferred stats or people who roll on gear to rip the mods out of it.
- I walk the Darkest of Roads, That of Eternal Death. -
Check Out My SmartPhone App Suggestion.

xioix
12.17.2011 , 06:57 AM | #5
If the game allows it, then there shouldn't be a problem rolling for gear because of your companion. If you don't like it, offer to pay for your party's subscription and then you can order them around. If BioWare didn't intend for this to happen then they wouldn't allow a heavy armor wearer rolling on medium armor loot.

Kheldras
12.17.2011 , 07:08 AM | #6
Problem is: Then you dont need a Greed Button, cause with a full Companion Party, the only thing i cant legally have Need for, as a non-Forceuser, is Lightsabers & Force User Armour, cause i never get a Force-using as Companion.

So you REALLY want to have everyone need on Stuff, thats an upgrade for you, cause someones companion could need? For Example: A Sithwarrior`s 5-6 companions can use everything...

Ideal would be a "need for Companion" - Button that ranges inbetween.

Need > Companion-Need > Greed
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Squaty
12.17.2011 , 07:13 AM | #7
OP,

Remember the name. Ignore him. Tell other like minded people.

Ignoring people will prevent them from grouping with you. Its not Ideal i know, but its the closest thing to filtering people who want to roll need for companions and people who roll greed or ask politley if they can need for a companion.

Personally i'm with you on this issue.

Archaar
12.17.2011 , 07:16 AM | #8
Had it last night during an Athiss run, but the trooper did ask first if anyone minded him rolling need for his companion and no one minded. However I can see other players doing it often and there is no way of stopping them. There really needs to be a need for class option and need for companion.

snooggums
12.17.2011 , 07:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stylgar View Post
Really sucks when people roll need for companions...

So... I was running BT as a bounty hunter when a sith warrior rolls need on a blaster pistol because his companion could use it. Even when asked politely to let me have since it is a huge upgrade he ignores. So is rolling need for companions the new type of ninjaing?
Set master looter if you want control over other people's loot.

Martijnf
12.17.2011 , 07:24 AM | #10
Join a guild and don't do FP with pugs. Problem solved.
-=Gili=-