Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Bank - Guildmaster only? really

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Bank - Guildmaster only? really

Bethmora
04.10.2012 , 10:09 AM | #1
So, i have read that for the guild bank the only person that can set it up is the person that is listed as the guild master. There is no option to let someone else set it up and run it on the system.

For most ever large guild there is ministers or ranked players for duties and bank being one of them. Alot of these guys that create guilds dont play as much as the members do so, I see big problems when 1.2 is out and the banks sit empty.

PLease BW put an option so the guild master can set someone else in charge of the bank.

flyersfan
04.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #2
They said they're already working on it. Also, I believe the only things that are guild leader exclusive are the ledger and setting allowances. People are still free to use the guild bank without the guild leader being present, so I don't think that the banks will be "sitting empty."

Resallaprov
04.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3
Lot of generalizations in that post.

The first bank tab is gonna cost 600k. The next 1 million.

I'm the GM and I'll be the one setting up the bank as I see fit. We did a little guild team building of dailies and everyone that contributed to the "bank fund run" will get access to the bank and be able to pull what they want as needed from it. Those that didn't, will get to look at all the pretty stuff and touch none of it.

I believe we'll also be able to set ranks with an authenticator as well, that's where we'll keep the good stuff.

Sorry your guild is soo large and your GM plays so little he can't take 5 minutes to make sure everything is setup and working as intended.

Bethmora
04.10.2012 , 10:20 AM | #4
The main thing is that the GM is able to go on and set it to the person incharge of the bank, Just like in other games. Then that person does ALL the set up for the bank.

Most guilds are not just one person because it was him that signed it up on BW. most are set up with a small grp of friends and thats the only point im trying to make. we cant just go and change the GM from what we have seen.

just want an option to do so for the bank.
thanks for reading

FooBard
04.10.2012 , 10:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Resallaprov View Post
I'm the GM and I'll be the one setting up the bank as I see fit. We did a little guild team building of dailies and everyone that contributed to the "bank fund run" will get access to the bank and be able to pull what they want as needed from it. Those that didn't, will get to look at all the pretty stuff and touch none of it..
Wow, glad I'm not in your guild.

I'm just a regular member in my guild, and I'm going to donate 1M credits to the guild back setup fund.

Frostvein
04.10.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FooBard View Post
Wow, glad I'm not in your guild.

I'm just a regular member in my guild, and I'm going to donate 1M credits to the guild back setup fund.

I think he meant that if you didn't contribute anything you don't get to use it. I don't think hed mind if someone missed the dailies but put up 50k, 100k, etc.
Meanwhile, in Tera general chat -

"The sad thing is, arguing with fanbois on the forums was more entertaining than their 300 million dollar single player MMO from 2008"

gslarmour
04.12.2012 , 09:10 AM | #7
title says it. no one in game seems to know or want to answer.

RivenDeadlock
04.12.2012 , 12:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gslarmour View Post
title says it. no one in game seems to know or want to answer.
On the fleet at least, its on other side of room with GTN kiosks.

malkeeor
04.13.2012 , 08:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bethmora View Post
The main thing is that the GM is able to go on and set it to the person incharge of the bank, Just like in other games. Then that person does ALL the set up for the bank.

Most guilds are not just one person because it was him that signed it up on BW. most are set up with a small grp of friends and thats the only point im trying to make. we cant just go and change the GM from what we have seen.

just want an option to do so for the bank.
thanks for reading
a GM can make another person GM whenever he wants to

LadyStarlea
04.14.2012 , 01:24 PM | #10
Why couldn't the start up fee be put in by the guild members? or at least the high officers in the guild? Our GM is on vacation so your all saying we have to wait a week for when he gets back to get out bank Started? We have the creds already...more then what is need in fact.