Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do People Hate Flashpoints?

Katywills
04.12.2012 , 03:08 AM | #41
On ghost servers like Sith Meditation Sphere where all my high levs are.You have to wait about an hour after saying for example"LFG Hammer Station" For someone to say to you"Ill come" Or something like that
Roar.

Goreslash
04.12.2012 , 05:28 AM | #42
NEJ to LFG Tool

Boritoo
04.12.2012 , 05:36 AM | #43
I usually do each flashpoint once so I can experience the story. I rarely do one more than that except to help out a friend or gear up a companion.

Kimyrielle
04.12.2012 , 06:50 AM | #44
I don't run Flashpoints at all other than Esseles/BH (that's the only two I have ever seen). The main reason is that I can't be arsed to manually put together a group or even wait for someone else to do that. I am really not a "instant gratification" sort of player, but I do want to have instant fun when I play a game and not waste substantial time waiting for a group to fill up. For that reason the only endgame activity I do is PvP. There is a LFG tool for warzones and the games rarely last longer than 20 minutes. Which is another reason why I don't do PvE endgame - I need the reassurance that I can drop what I am doing at basically any time I wish. Committing entire evenings to dungeons/raids is sort of unthinkable for me.

Snoodmaster
04.12.2012 , 08:19 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
I find flashpoints to be faster levelling as well as social points and good loot.

The only downside is when you have a group member who is overly needy or stupid.

Why are flashpoint groups so hard to find?
Because mathematically they are actually SLOWER leveling. The gear is decent, but usually replaced fairly quickly by planet commendation mods or purple gear from the AH.

Social points are just worthless atm, so nobody cares about that.

snowmon
04.12.2012 , 08:23 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post

Why are flashpoint groups so hard to find?
because they added a group finder for PvP and not PvE, people r lazy so they do PvP cause its easier to hit a button to join a queue than it is to type to people and see if they want to do something.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Fermian
04.12.2012 , 09:57 AM | #47
Would be nice to have at least a level based LFG chat channel.

But as it is now the best way (imo) to get a group is by spamming general chat while questing. Why would you go to the fleet when most characters of your lvl range are questing on the planet of your level range.

tkinnunzero
04.12.2012 , 03:27 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Fermian View Post
Would be nice to have at least a level based LFG chat channel.

But as it is now the best way (imo) to get a group is by spamming general chat while questing. Why would you go to the fleet when most characters of your lvl range are questing on the planet of your level range.
Because that's where the Flashpoints are. Otherwise you'll add 10-20 minutes waiting time as people individually do just one more little thing while waiting for everyone to be ready.

To answer the question, I like Flashpoints, I just hate the boredom involved in getting into one.

Snowbirrd
04.12.2012 , 04:20 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
Because that's where the Flashpoints are. Otherwise you'll add 10-20 minutes waiting time as people individually do just one more little thing while waiting for everyone to be ready.

To answer the question, I like Flashpoints, I just hate the boredom involved in getting into one.
Don't most planets have a shuttle usually near a taxi where you can go right to the fleet?

tkinnunzero
04.12.2012 , 06:21 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Snowbirrd View Post
Don't most planets have a shuttle usually near a taxi where you can go right to the fleet?
It didn't show up on the map before so you could spend quite a while trying to remember where it was. I haven't checked if that's changed in 1.2.