Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do People Hate Flashpoints?

samuranglt
04.11.2012 , 11:13 PM | #31
I enjoy them a great deal. I've found that flashpoints are a good way to pass some time and gain a bit of good loot when not working on main quest stuff or pvp wz's. That being said, I do also know that I don't like looking for groups to go with on these missions and so tend to only do so with guild-mates or trusted friends that can help round-out a full party. Too much douche-baggery comes with accepting random folks on the servers I play on and I usually get stuck with the needy type who's looking to suit out his companions. I've also found the story-lines in these missions seem to be a bit more on the intense side--probably for the social points situation; which also tends to make them more enjoyable in my book.

Braaaiins
04.11.2012 , 11:13 PM | #32
do some cool **\__--::'"""::--__/** LFM (insert FP here) **\__--::'"""::--__/**

more people will see it.

ObscureKnight
04.11.2012 , 11:17 PM | #33
I am digging it, but I have no guild or friends playing so I fall in where I can.

kinadyan
04.11.2012 , 11:51 PM | #34
I've been playing MMO's since the early 2000, ever quest, Eve, Wow, most of the time was playing ever quest for over six years right I disappointed with Sony on what they did my character class. And the fact that everything was group will contact. As a player you always had to go and look for a group to get any storyline completed. With over nine years of play time in MMO's I've gotten tired of having to ask for help to do things. You run into the problem of playing with arrogant people who dropped under geared toones out of the group, or not be able find a group at all. Most people play these games for the best gear in the game to be the superior warrior and the simple fact is that they have to group to get. I would like to make the suggestion that you make your flashpoints soloable, because I hate wasting my time looking for people to help. Or trying to get into a hard flashpoint and being told that I'm under geared when I have done every soloable mission i possibly can. I even ran into problems weren't just doing my dailies and I've asked people if they wanted to join group so were not fighting over the same mobs and they say no. I'm starting to find the game to be very disheartening knowing I will never see end game unless I rely on other people to get me there.

Sharn-
04.12.2012 , 12:08 AM | #35
There just are not enough people leveling any longer, and those that are, are spread between different levels. Grouping for flashpoints was common the first 3 weeks of the game release. I would like to see all the flashpoints get a hard mode, it will breathe life back into some of them later in the games life.

Frivolousmonkey
04.12.2012 , 02:41 AM | #36
I have really enjoyed doing the FP's as a juggernaught tank. Never had a problem getting a group and always people looking on my server (i am on the highest populated server, forgot its name though)
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{██████████████████████████████)

deusBAAL
04.12.2012 , 02:47 AM | #37
I love FPs, but the LFG tool is needed badly.
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

DarthEshla
04.12.2012 , 02:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
Thanks everyone.
Lack of an LFG tool is definitely an important point. I could be questing and exping during the time that I would be yelling "LFG"

Several other MMOs including Rift (which only started a little over a year ago) began without an LFG tool, but added one later.

Hopefully, they will add one in time.
during the guild summit a month or two ago they said there will be some form of lfg tool at some point in the future.

SnowWhite
04.12.2012 , 02:52 AM | #39
I agree they need a Finder, you see ppl sitting at FP's waiting and waiting.................................

It's time they found a Guild haha.. Guilds = Fun = Flashpoints = More Fun = Raids =

But each and every person has personal reasons, just keep screaming for ppl and your bound to find someone willing to help you or join the fun.
A Change in Life, what?! You're joking right?

wyvernmonarch
04.12.2012 , 03:06 AM | #40
they don't give u good gear. they should drop rakata gear at least. or they should have a nightmare mode that drops black hole commendations for flashpoints.

Yes I know ppl who run ops say "well that'd be too easy and everyone would have it" but frankly at the moment there is 0 reason to run any of the flashpoints. they're just a useless relic sitting there, when they could be giving us some kind of content to do

the new lost island is an exception, it at least drops rakata pieces