Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do People Hate Flashpoints?

Lynnx
04.10.2012 , 09:02 AM | #1
It seems that no one ever wants to join when I try to create a flashpoint group.

Do people prefer to do regular quests?

I find flashpoints to be faster levelling as well as social points and good loot.

The only downside is when you have a group member who is overly needy or stupid.

Why are flashpoint groups so hard to find?

Gimixes
04.10.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2
Because most peeps want to go there own way.

hulkweazel
04.10.2012 , 09:29 AM | #3
It's actually a bit slower for leveling than questing. Also, because there's no LFG tool, people don't like sitting around for 30 minutes as you try to get a group together. It's also difficult to find tank/heals, as the majority of people level up as DPS since it kills faster.

If there were an LFG tool and it gave a little more experience, I think a LOT more people would be doing them.

SajmanPeetee
04.10.2012 , 09:33 AM | #4
I find it faster and more enjoyable to just quest/pvp then go through the hassle of trying to put a group together. Plus there's always that fear that you're going to end up with 'that guy' that ruins your entire night gaming.

Kamay
04.10.2012 , 09:45 AM | #5
I can only really speak for myself but I tend not to pug out my healing services. I really only runs flashpoints with my guildies. But that being said I love doing them and I can't wait for lost island
*pewpew*
Imperial Medical Operatives - spray painting you with Kolto since 5000 BBY

DawnAskham
04.10.2012 , 09:54 AM | #6
I enjoy them and try to do them while leveling. But the lack of a good LFG tool along with mediocre rewards (XP) makes it tough to find groups.

If I'm in Fleet and see a group, I'll join. Sometimes I'll even start one or at least post in general I'm looking for a group.

But I won't spend the evening spamming general. If I can't find a group in a decent amount of time, I'll move on.

It is a shame though, because many of the flashpoints are very enjoyable and are good ways to break up the monotony of questing.

How Bioware thought not having an LFG tool at launch was a good idea we'll never know.

qwinnet
04.10.2012 , 10:08 AM | #7
There is no point in running them. Except for the two beginning ones, they are long and the loot and XP are no better than what can be obtained by questing. This holds double true for HM FP's. The content is cool and challenging but my time is better spent doing something else.

Gavin_Kelvar
04.10.2012 , 10:31 AM | #8
I'd be all for doing flashpoints. It is just hard for me to find a group (part my fault due to odd hours of play). I think difficultly with flashpoint grouping highlights the problem of getting any sort of group going with a random bunch (not guildies/friends).

Really they need to work on rewarding people more for grouping (maybe apply the XP boost from being in a rest area concept to social points, in essence the longer you are in a group the faster you build social points). The bar could start at full boost and then slowly decrease if no group conversations are engaged in X amount of time.

I know it is taking an idea from a completely different genre but take the Battlefield 2142 squad system of granting extra XP for following a squad leader's orders/helping squad members might also help as an added incentive to group (more XP if you kill an enemy/accomplish a quest objective for quests shared to the group and/or heal/guard/kill assist a group member).

Anyway I think if people felt there was a benefit to grouping shortly after logging on even if it isn't with guildies/friends flashpoints and everything else might work better. Sure a few groups will be formed that are terrible players but there would at least be more incentive to join a group of total strangers.

Tfranco
04.10.2012 , 10:45 AM | #9
I happen to enjoy Flashpoints, especially when lvling. But what holds me back from doing them are a few things:
first and foremost Time, whether its me being impatient and not wanting to wait 30mins for a group, or I dont have the time to do the flashpoint (some take 1hr + i hear).
Second is the fact that there all of 2 tanks per a realm, exaggeration ofc (forgive my awful spelling). But its true, when you form a grp you see all of 2 tanks on /who and they arent your lvl half the time. There are a bit more healers around than tanks, i assume because in pvp a healer is as useful as a dps.
Third, this may apply only to 50, it gets very repetitive doing the same three over and over. This my just be my realm but ALL thats ever pugged is HM Foundry, HM BT, and HM BP. I rarely see Fallen emporer, Battle of illum or Koan being pugged and when I do i dont have time to join. The point is you can only suffer through BT so many times before it annoys you too much to bother.

I find it hilarious though when i decide to form a Social run grp (aka run BT over and over on my 50) and dont get anyone wisping me, not even lower lvl people who would only benefit xD i mean i jump on those runs when i see them on an alt.

anyway I think its less people dont Want to do them its more they dont have the time or decide to pvp because its a HELL of alot faster.

PalawaJoko
04.10.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
It seems that no one ever wants to join when I try to create a flashpoint group.

Do people prefer to do regular quests?

I find flashpoints to be faster levelling as well as social points and good loot.

The only downside is when you have a group member who is overly needy or stupid.

Why are flashpoint groups so hard to find?
A dead server without a LFG tool = bang you get no groups for Flashpoints. It's kinda annoying when leveling alts. It's also bad at lvl 50 too if your server is dead and people already have the good gear thus not going for HM Flashpoints.
..{⋤⋥}_________+
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾⌋_/\∏∏∏/
./Ξ/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."