Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So here are all 12 members of the council during the game time?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
So here are all 12 members of the council during the game time?

TheBetty
04.10.2012 , 12:06 AM | #11
It just shows you how much the wrath is needed to exert the emp's power as the dark council is too busy offing each other lol. No wonder Malgus does what he did.
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Captain_Zone
04.10.2012 , 12:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah, others mostly either support him or choose to do nothing.

I got no love of them except Jadus, too bad I didn't join him.
Yep. As for Jadus and his daughter, both are a bit too twisted, even for Sith.... Seriously, there is something horribly wrong with that entire family. I believe both are based on Batman villains, in fact. Jadus has a Scarecrow type obsession with fear, and Zhorrid is like the Joker, only a lot less funny.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

birdyjuice
04.10.2012 , 12:14 AM | #13
I wish Jadus and some of the others played more of a role. Jadus was said to be 2nd in power only to the Empire.

seems Malgus wasn't on the council but his power had to rival theirs?

I was kinda hoping for more from Vowrawn. he seemed rather weak for a Council member.

Captain_Zone
04.10.2012 , 12:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by birdyjuice View Post
I wish Jadus and some of the others played more of a role. Jadus was said to be 2nd in power only to the Empire.

seems Malgus wasn't on the council but his power had to rival theirs?

I was kinda hoping for more from Vowrawn. he seemed rather weak for a Council member.
I was just wishing Vowrawn would have shown up earlier than he did. The guy is a riot! And as far as being weak, he was anything BUT weak. It's just that the other council members were united until we got there to confront ol' Tubby. Then as soon as they heard "Emperor's Wrath" and Baras got his *** handed to him, they cowered in fear and said they wouldn't want to piss off The Wrath.

Seriously, Vowrawn was the ONLY one that stood against Baras on the Council.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

birdyjuice
04.10.2012 , 12:23 AM | #15
he was smart and cunning, but throughout Corellia he doesn't do anything. never showed any power.

I mean for a Dark Council member that had the guts to hide in a Republic base, why should those crappy assassins Baras sent bother him? I can undnerstand Draahg, but that merc? He should have easily been able to handle those.

TheBetty
04.10.2012 , 12:27 AM | #16
I may be wrong but isn't Vowran the longest sitting member of the council, due to his tactics and cunning?
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Slowpokeking
04.10.2012 , 08:32 AM | #17
11 humans and 1 Sith pureblood. Unlike in Bane's era all races could be Sith Lord.

Tfranco
04.10.2012 , 10:57 AM | #18
So i was wrong about Baras' position, i admitted its been awhile i think it was a different thread thoug. But dont down play the wraths role. Im not saying if i say "Go attack the republic fleet" that they will jump on it. BUT if the council is trying to figure out whether or not to assault the republic fleet and the Wrath walks in and gives opinion the council recognizes and respects his/her authority and alters the discussion accordingly. The emporers wrath holds a position above all other sith, besides the emporer himself, so he/she may not make the final decision on a matter but his/her opinion greatly effects what the council does. Its the same way the Emporers Voice has a say in what happens, otherwise no one would have given a **** that Baras claimed to be the emporers voice...not even the emporer would have cared. Stop downplaying the importance of the hand.
Also dont Downplay their power either, the only sith on the council powerful enough to measure up to the wrath is the player character inquisitors. The rest of the council the wrath would wipe the floor with. To be honest im surprised the inquis chars werent made the VOice of the emporer, though i assume thats because the voice will be involved more in the SW story (true voice) later on.
But again i admit i was wrong about baras, i thought the council didnt accept him as his masters replacement for the potentiol of his involvement or somthing like that.
Edit: Oh and its 10 humans, 1 pureblood, 1 unkown. THe sith inquis characters race varys by player. it could be 11 humans, could be 2 purebloods who knows. only each player does :P

Karkais
04.10.2012 , 11:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The council decides the politics and military action, not the Emperor's hand/wrath.
In addition in my opinion emperors voice, hand, whatever body part doesnt decide anything, he/she should only relay emperors will.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Temeluchus
04.10.2012 , 11:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tfranco View Post
If u believe everything wikipedia says your a fool, i can go say elmo is a dark council member...
Baras was the Voice, the voice dictates what the Dark council does.
The wrath is not the emporers police officer, we have authority over the dark council, hense why we can purge them if need be. Dont downplay our importance.
The point is: Baras was never a dark council member his master was. He was the Voice (though false) until the SW ended his charade.
Actually, you are both wrong. The Wrath does not have direct authority over the Council nor is he/she just some state sanctioned secret police. The Wrath can purge the Council, if the Emperor orders him/her to but he/she has no control over them at all.

The Wrath's function is to act as the Emperor's personal executioner and enforcer, he/she has power and is very dangerous but since he/she reports only to the Emperor, the Wrath exists outside the typical Sith power structure.

Paying a modicum of attention to the SW story would also tell you that Baras replaced Vengean on the Council after we killed Vengean for him.

Tfranco, I think you need to research what the Voice of the Emperor is. Technically it is a position, but the Voice is just a vessel to be used by the Emperor when issuing his commands or to fight with some of his power to keep his real body secure.

"The position required that an individual give up his body to the Emperor during a Sith ritual, becoming an extension of his will in the galaxy. Essentially, the Voice acts as regent to the Emperor, obeyed as the supreme master himself."

The Council knew Baras wasn't the real Voice because he didn't sound like the Emperor(the Voice always has the Emperor's voice, no matter it's current form) they just chose not to say anything because they lacked the power or they wished to ally with Baras and reap the benefits of him claiming to be the Voice.

The SW showing up and claiming to be the new Wrath gave them an out which is why they allowed the fight to happen, the SW wins and they could claim loyalty to the Emperor and they allowed the deceiver, Baras, to be killed; Baras wins and the biggest threat to the Council is dead,the Emperor is incommunicado and they can snatch up even more power.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.