Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Vader armor in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Darth Vader armor in SWTOR

BlameTheInnocent
04.09.2012 , 06:29 PM | #1
Hey guys
Anyone know if Darth Vader's armor is in SWTOR as it is iconic armor for Star wars and me growing up to Star Wars made me love Darth Vader. Anyone know if it is in there

Darianth
04.09.2012 , 06:39 PM | #2
Well, it probably will never be considering that this game takes place 3000 years before the movies. So the closest that there will ever be is stuff similar to what Lord Malgus has with a different head piece.

Lokai
04.09.2012 , 06:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BlameTheInnocent View Post
Hey guys
Anyone know if Darth Vader's armor is in SWTOR as it is iconic armor for Star wars and me growing up to Star Wars made me love Darth Vader. Anyone know if it is in there
are quite a few pieces look like his actual armor itself, only issue you'll have is the helmet itself, as far as i've seen is nothing even close to vaders helmet in game. So best probably be able to do is to locate an imperial trooper helmet, and use that it'll get you close(pretty sure is one in game anyway). But all in all... no vader's actual armor will never probably appear in game IS vader inspired gear but, nothing is exactly like his.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

BlameTheInnocent
04.09.2012 , 07:04 PM | #4
Thanks for the help. My Sith Jugg looks awesome anyway but they would of looked better as Darth Vader.

GalacticKegger
04.09.2012 , 07:20 PM | #5
Chased black for 50 levels and went to this instead. The "Sith arrest me red" color looks kinda cool in direct light.

http://www.galactickegger.com/SWTOR/..._25_625000.jpg
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Zabonam
04.09.2012 , 07:29 PM | #6
I doubt it'll ever happen because of the time line thing. If it did it'd be for like 6 years non-stop subscription service as a reward, and only be a role-playing type armour that you can wear for fun.

Seeing dozens of people running around as Darth Vader would be silly in my opinion.

BlameTheInnocent
04.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zabonam View Post
I doubt it'll ever happen because of the time line thing. If it did it'd be for like 6 years non-stop subscription service as a reward, and only be a role-playing type armour that you can wear for fun.

Seeing dozens of people running around as Darth Vader would be silly in my opinion.
I guess. I assume that BioWare wants to make this game unique to the player so copying another character wouldn't make our heroes special.

Perishkid
04.13.2012 , 02:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Darth Vader armor has not yet been invented
True. But seeing as it's Mandalorian made armor they could easily add armor similar to it in any update.

XLJedi
04.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #10
I dunno... they keep talking about this race of long-lost tech super-giants. Might be neat if some of that Episode IV-ish type gear was really developed thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin and maybe gets rediscovered sometime shortly before the movies?

They could pretty easily figure out a way to bridge the storyline gap if they wanted... I mean it's all styling anyway, all of the same "tech" is available. A storyline could even be presented such that the tech far-exceeded the abilities of what you see in the movies. In fact, that's sort of what I tell myself to justify how 3000 years later you see basically no advancement in the technology.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!