Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So long and thanks for all the fish

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So long and thanks for all the fish

Gezzer
04.09.2012 , 05:58 PM | #1
I've decided that SWtoR is a lost cause like so many other MMOs that have come before it.
No I'm not "rage quitting", if anything I'm tired.
Tired of promise unfulfilled.
Tired of promises unfulfilled.
Just bone tired.

I was one of the people who started WoW way back in the day. When it was a home, a community, a place to go have some fun. This is before it became the "leet hardcore" game that so many want or need it to be. This is before it just became a grind and no more fun.

This game held so much promise. So much potential. But after leveling my CM to 50 around three weeks ago I've found that there's little to no community, which means no feeling of being home, and no fun. My server is pretty much dead and my guild died long ago.

Other then PvP which I don't do, I guess I could level some alts. But why? If down the road I'll run into the same thing I currently have why bother? WoW became what it was because it produced a great feeling of community. It lost that feeling long ago but it just kept going more then anything due to inertia. And so many pretenders to the throne try to take WoW on but so far all I see is the same flaw. No feeling of community. Anything else in a MMO can be overcome as long as you have that. But lose it, or never have it to start with and your just wasting your time.
Like I was.

I don't think I'll try another MMO. At least not for a very long time. There's just nothing there for me that I can't find in a single player RPG.

So I guess it's so long and thanks for all the fish.

Grafon
04.09.2012 , 06:32 PM | #2
I feel your pain man, I play with family otherwise I probably would have left by now. If you really are looking for that "home" feel check out "The Fatman" server. For some reason most of the games population has moved there and they have a que every night, active PVP all throughout every planet with 100+ on each faction not being uncommon out of primetime per planet. Leveling another character to 50 can be a pain in the ***, but players like you are what makes MMO's different than the typical Xbox live game, so i beg you to give it just one more chance
Sykotik
Sarkastik
Are you aware?

CrunkShizzle
04.09.2012 , 07:42 PM | #3
yeah they might as well delete all the servers for this game besides high pop ones

its sad really,whatever happened to people who like lower population servers

i guess thats another thing on the growing list of why world of warcraft has ruined the mmo genre.then again,i pretty much ignored everything you put after you labeled wow as a "leet hardcore"game

i think you should look up the word casual,and look up the word hardcore.theres a big difference,wow is anything but a "hardcore" game

Tenacity
04.09.2012 , 08:11 PM | #4
MMO developers need to start realizing that theme-park style games go nowhere. If you dont provide the tools and mechanics necessary for players to create and drive their own content, you'll never be able to keep people entertained because it is impossible for a single development team to pump out endgame content quickly enough to keep ahead of the players that are clearing it.

I played WoW for 4 years, I played Starwars: Galaxies for a little more than a year, I played Star Trek Online for around a year (and am still playing it occasionally), none of them got boring as quickly as SW:TOR has for me. Within the first month, I was already running out of content to keep myself occupied with, and that is just absolutely pathetic considering the 5+ years of devlopement that this game took to produce.

Themepark games just dont do it anymore, and this game is built more in the themepark style than any other MMO i've ever played - even WoW.

If you're looking for a more open and roleplay/community oriented MMO, I'd suggest star trek online. It's free to play now, though a lot of the 'extras' in the game are microtransaction based.

Quote:
i guess thats another thing on the growing list of why world of warcraft has ruined the mmo genre.then again,i pretty much ignored everything you put after you labeled wow as a "leet hardcore"game

i think you should look up the word casual,and look up the word hardcore.theres a big difference,wow is anything but a "hardcore" game
Re-read it, he said that WoW -was- a leet/hardcore game, and then later became a 'you can have whatever you want' casual game, and he's right. Vanilla wow, and even TBC, were relatively 'hardcore' - very few people ever got to try out endgame content.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Valkuu
04.09.2012 , 08:16 PM | #5
Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.