Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your ideal 4-man team?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What is your ideal 4-man team?

Sowwy
04.11.2012 , 07:45 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post

Side note: Juggernauts need more love - or maybe a little more aoe threat too - if this thread is to be believed.
They definitely need some attention. I'm still shocked BW is failing to fix the class.

Erevan_Kindelar
04.11.2012 , 07:49 AM | #22
4 players who know how to get something remotely like the best out of their character classes, and who do not see a group as an opportunity to run around like a herd of cats on LSD.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Katahn
04.11.2012 , 08:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
run around like a herd of cats on LSD.
That's a good one.

I've always been partial to "crack-addled hummingbirds with ADHD" myself.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Toogeloo
04.11.2012 , 10:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
I'd say powertech and assassin are roughly equivilent for tanking - although I tend to see more assassins I have to wonder if its because of their current FOTM status for Warzones. Powertechs have a great deal of AoE threat generation and are incredibly durable (don't have to keep spamming their shield ability like an assassin does for instance). Fewer "oh snap" buttons yes, but seemingly less need for them too. I guess it depends on how negative an impact on the reduced radius for DFA has on their initial alpha strike.

Side note: Juggernauts need more love - or maybe a little more aoe threat too - if this thread is to be believed.
On my Server, I see a ridiculous amount of PUG Juggernauts, but Operations MT Assassins. Powertechs are very rare. My guess as to why is not because they are FOTM, but because of Lightsabers.

Fishcatch
04.11.2012 , 10:07 AM | #25
One of each of the 4 classes, all played by competent players. Individual advanced class is not important... though when I heal as my Commando, I really love having a sage or scoundrel as DPS for the combat rez that I lack.
I am The Argent Trooper, Knight of the Old Republic
▯█!▉ℶℶℶ[]ℶℶℶ█!██████████████████████████)

Kaedian
04.11.2012 , 10:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by irdc View Post
Four players who are intelligent and competent.
Didn't you mean, three more?
Z'uul Diabolus - Rattaki Assassin
Centurion - Legion of Shadows
Canderous Ordo

Toogeloo
04.11.2012 , 10:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishcatch View Post
Individual advanced class is not important... though when I heal as my Commando, I really love having a sage or scoundrel as DPS for the combat rez that I lack.
So, you'd be cool with Commando, Sage, Scoundrel, and Sentinel?

Katahn
04.11.2012 , 10:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
So, you'd be cool with Commando, Sage, Scoundrel, and Sentinel?
Not my post but it seemed to be implied that there would be at least one of the other three specced into tanking with the appropriate AC. In this case it would mean a Guardian or a Shadow.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Saiken
04.11.2012 , 11:54 PM | #29
4 competent operatives(3dps and 1 healer) if this is 4v4 that is.

the operatives sleep the other team, and keep sleeping them if they decide to break out early. even then there's 4 flashbangs which is so much time for them to burn down the healer then kill the rest. and they also have combat stealth if they need to retreat. GG all other teams(even with the op/scou nerfs)

Caelrie
04.12.2012 , 12:30 AM | #30
I think the most fun group for PvP is:

1) Tank shadow
2) DPS shadow
3) DPS operative
4) Healer operative

Go go stealth groups... Love them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saiken View Post
4 competent operatives(3dps and 1 healer) if this is 4v4 that is.

the operatives sleep the other team, and keep sleeping them if they decide to break out early. even then there's 4 flashbangs which is so much time for them to burn down the healer then kill the rest. and they also have combat stealth if they need to retreat. GG all other teams(even with the op/scou nerfs)
^^^^

Resolve doesn't exist in the version of the game this guy's playing
((Psst, what you said is impossible))