Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My one beef with legacy

Iwih
04.10.2012 , 12:38 PM | #21
Ummm i don't know any RPer that RPs the story line anyways. And if you're that mad about your "kid" having the same story line, what about ever one of the same class having it and having the same wife as you ? LoL

The-Magic-Sword
04.10.2012 , 06:12 PM | #22
honestly? like most MMORPG's unless you're playing with friends whom all have different classes than you, you'll need to divorce your character from their "official" storyline anyway- in multiplayer rp, you have to account for multiple heroes often doing many of the same things, since you're divorcing it from that anyway, rpers should have no trouble with the necessary suspension of disbelief- when you roleplay, your character isn't THE hero, they're A hero.

I remember from World of Warcraft, my Paladin had almost nothing to do with the Sylvanus ICC instances- or the main raid that i did. Storywise, he was part of a heavy branch assault going after the nearby cathedral of darkness, prior to that he didn't level throughout Azeroth, he spent 1-60 as a part of the Argent plague lands fighting after having been stranded outside of Silvermoon.

All of the above takes only the lightest inspiration from his actual experiences, and the same goes for the stories crafted around the characters of my friends. I retooled things to fit into a multiplayer role playing perspective.

My personal story?

My Sith Assassin and Jedi Sage are going to be brother and sister (lightside / darkside respectively- so much duality, having been split up at a young age- the families daughter ending up with the jedi order- and her brother the force sensitive slave), My Operative will probably be a cousin if i can arrange it properly- her family having assimilated into the Empire.

I haven't really figured out sons and daughters yet- and I'd be more likely to make adopted ones anyway.
"Because Jedi lie. And they manipulate. And every act of charity or kindness they do, you can drag it out squirming into the light and see it for what it is. The galaxy doesn't need Jedi arrogance or Jedi hypocrisy anymore."
-Atton to Jedi Exile

FalcoLombardi
04.10.2012 , 08:46 PM | #23
History repeats itself..
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

Merent
04.10.2012 , 11:57 PM | #24
Here's what I don't see as such a big deal, you say that you don't like the idea of two of the same class being related and one having done the stuff already that the younger one is going through, no says that you have to make two of the same class how you go about building your family tree is completely up to you and really it doesn't make a WHOLE lot of sense unless you made a guardian and want to go back and try playing a sentinenl, but then again you don't really have to add them to the family tree either. Anyways, all this means little to me since I only play one character and that "in practice" is who I am in the game.

Dayshadow
04.11.2012 , 10:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by darkjedibn View Post
Here is the only thing that rubs me the wrong way about legacy. In the legacy tree you can make an alt a child. So let say i have a Jedi knight main and i decided to role another Jedi knight alt (crazy example i know but shows my point). So if my new jedi knight alt is a child of my main then what makes sense about a child going through the same story as my main did? It doesn't make any sense to me. From a timeframe stand point this just screws up the stories like crazy. I'm not even a roleplayer in game and this mess up my lore love just a wii bit.
None of it makes sense.

All the stories are taking place at around the same time so none of them can be your children. There are references in each class/faction story to other class/faction stories. For in the Republic Nar Shadaa bonus series it mentions stuff an empire character would have done in their faction quests. Like the attack on SIS headquarters on that world.

And how a human has a biological child that is twi'lek or zabrak is absurd. Legacy is one the dumbest things they've thought up. Very ill conceived imo.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Iwih
04.11.2012 , 10:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
None of it makes sense.

All the stories are taking place at around the same time so none of them can be your children. There are references in each class/faction story to other class/faction stories. For in the Republic Nar Shadaa bonus series it mentions stuff an empire character would have done in their faction quests. Like the attack on SIS headquarters on that world.

And how a human has a biological child that is twi'lek or zabrak is absurd. Legacy is one the dumbest things they've thought up. Very ill conceived imo.
Its cannon that Humans can have kids with Twi'leks and Zabraks. Darth Maul is now a Zabrak/Human lol http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomirian

Dayshadow
04.11.2012 , 03:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwih View Post
Its cannon that Humans can have kids with Twi'leks and Zabraks. Darth Maul is now a Zabrak/Human lol http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomirian
That is biologically impossible.

It would require unnatural sith alchemy. The kind of stuff that breed the human-sith hybrids. Humans, Zabrak and Tw'lek are completely alien to each other. They cannot hop in bed and procreate. It would be like a hutt and a koala bear having kids.

The new species someone made up for a kids cartoon would have happened sometime after TOR. Darth Maul was a zabrak before someone thought it would be cool to say he was something else and he died after his fight with Oi-wan until somebody thought it woudl be cool if he survived being chopped in half and dropped down a bottomless pit. LOL. And rather or not it's "canon" is debateable. That page even claims that lady from that Battle of Endor movie back in the 80's was a nightsister. Ha! Now the force allows people to shapeshift into animals? Like I said, the whole canon business is debateable.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

MarkoJinn
04.11.2012 , 03:59 PM | #28
My biggest problem with legacy is that it sort of pushes you into creating characters of the same species. How can a zabrak be a father to a Chiss??? Makes no sense... So unless other family relations are allowed like wife's cousin or something it just makes no sense...

Sure i don't have to add them to family but then I cannot have 2 separate legacies so... It's a bit weird to say the least...

What I think legacy should be is a legacy of a PLANET... So for example you could say that all your characters come from some planet that you name yourself... That way they are not related but they share common birth place and therefore the legacy...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

lokdron
04.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
My biggest problem with legacy is that it sort of pushes you into creating characters of the same species. How can a zabrak be a father to a Chiss??? Makes no sense... So unless other family relations are allowed like wife's cousin or something it just makes no sense...

Sure i don't have to add them to family but then I cannot have 2 separate legacies so... It's a bit weird to say the least...

What I think legacy should be is a legacy of a PLANET... So for example you could say that all your characters come from some planet that you name yourself... That way they are not related but they share common birth place and therefore the legacy...
There is an adoptive child option in the legacy tree.

Darth_Vicente
04.11.2012 , 04:42 PM | #30
There's also an "ally" and "rival" option
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin