Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My one beef with legacy

Tfranco
04.09.2012 , 09:36 PM | #11
Meh, the way i see it...or how my lore will go:
My current three chars (SW BH and Trooper) are all siblings
my next char (smuggler prolly) will be the SW and Vettes Kid (i married vette)
The next char will be their force using child idk what class

the point is, the whole kid thing works better if you dont make the same class you kid or even sibling. its meant more for class diversity. just my opinion

dom_delouise
04.10.2012 , 09:21 AM | #12
I think you hardcore RP folks are going to have to engage in a little suspension of disbelief here...

Guildrum
04.10.2012 , 10:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dom_delouise View Post
I think you hardcore RP folks are going to have to engage in a little suspension of disbelief here...
Pretty much.

Temeluchus
04.10.2012 , 10:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dom_delouise View Post
Considering their "kid" will be engaging in the same story in the exact same time period as the parents, I'd say you are correct. Unless you RP your characters as in their 40s-50s, then it could work out.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

logankeepes
04.10.2012 , 10:45 AM | #15
there's no point to making a family tree is there? except for the story or lore. this is a legit question, not me being douchey. Is there any real benefit to making a JK and a JC marry and have a son that ends up being a trooper? bc even if they're not family, you still get the buff of a lvl 50 character in that class right?
The Harbinger

Ranadiel_Marius
04.10.2012 , 11:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by logankeepes View Post
there's no point to making a family tree is there? except for the story or lore. this is a legit question, not me being douchey. Is there any real benefit to making a JK and a JC marry and have a son that ends up being a trooper? bc even if they're not family, you still get the buff of a lvl 50 character in that class right?
It is just availble for RP reasons and has no in game mechanical impact.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

NRieh
04.10.2012 , 12:19 PM | #17
Quote:
my next char (smuggler prolly) will be the SW and Vettes Kid (i married vette)
Uhm...Won't do, sorry. First - Vette can't be added to your legacy. And aslo (minor spoiler for smuggler companion story)

Spoiler

Quote:
It is just availble for RP reasons and has no in game mechanical impact.
The thing is...that it has no RP impacts also. Those who RP - RP without that colored table perfectly well, and they don't have to wear same legacy names cross they chars etc. You can't even show this tree to the rest of players. And even if you could - it does not change anything. You either RP or not. I hardly can imagine person who sais "oh, now I've got a color scheme with lines and pictures. At last I can start my own fic!".

DeutschGamer
04.10.2012 , 12:22 PM | #18
You could say the same about every other player getting to kill the same exact bad guys with THEIR Jedi Guardians. If you look at it from lore-perspective it doesn't make any sense that all PC's are heroes, even among other exceptional people of their class.

This has nothing to do with Legacy.

TalkingDinosaur
04.10.2012 , 12:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
gotta be one wild marriage unless they are both the same alignment, but even then
New class unlocked: Consular Assassin...Dear God what have you done.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

kalarigamerchic
04.10.2012 , 12:31 PM | #20
currently since the only one involved in a romance is my Jedi knight I think I may make my first male character a son from that union though not sure don't feel comfy playing a male but don't think I can play another female Jk and romance doc again that just seems silly.
Enter My Den for a fun Podcast
I am not evil I am morally obtuse, Chaotic Neutral 4life

Join the Zenith Fanclub