Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't abandon nor reset a bonus quest.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Can't abandon nor reset a bonus quest.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pmiles
03.01.2012 , 08:56 AM | #191
It's not like this is affecting everyone (I for one have never had the problem)... thus putting out a fix is not as easy as it sounds since it doesn't affect everyone or affect them equally in the same way. It's a needle in the haystack bug.

If clearing the quest log is that important, why not just complete the quest. It may have no value to you, but it will get it out of your log... which is what you're after. Better than waiting months for Bioware to fix it, yes?

ThaiMisha
03.02.2012 , 02:06 PM | #192
The carbon gallery - balsavis

Farmbuyer
03.04.2012 , 03:55 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by redheadedtim View Post
To be clear, no one who's posted in this thread has had anything resolved by CS? Is that correct?
This is correct. Customer Service has been completely useless.

I no longer do missions outside my class storyline because they might become permanently glued in the log.

Farmbuyer
03.04.2012 , 03:57 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by pmiles View Post
If clearing the quest log is that important, why not just complete the quest. It may have no value to you, but it will get it out of your log... which is what you're after. Better than waiting months for Bioware to fix it, yes?
Because they tend to be in phased areas which we can no longer enter (due to some other quest already being completed). It's amazingly crappy programming.

IMIS
03.04.2012 , 11:25 PM | #195
I hope that some one from swgtor reads this i found one of the bugs on missions and it is the exact cause of it. I allready have a republic level 50 jedi sage but now i am leveling a sith inquizitor on alderon the quest is the last profession one befor leaving the planet alderon for the inquistor profession called in the halls of elesyium and here is the exact cause of the problem the waypoint to it is busted because the waypoint it is taking me to is the republican shuttle not the sith one so here is the problem and for the profession you have to fix the crossover of republican and sith wayp0ints for the last profession quests on alderon

Kllashaa
03.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Farmbuyer View Post
Because they tend to be in phased areas which we can no longer enter (due to some other quest already being completed). It's amazingly crappy programming.
Bump due to no response from a Bioware rep. This is a 20 page thread, Bioware. Please give better customer support.

This is incredibly annoying when you can't drop a bonus quest for an instanced zone you cannot reenter. Now I'm stuck waiting outside this quest, looking for someone who needs to do it so I can hopefully join along and unbug it.

Continue bumping this thread until we get an official response. This is ridiculous.

Droid Wipe (Bonus) for imperials on Nar Shaddaa still has this problem.

Merouk
03.06.2012 , 01:57 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Kllashaa View Post
Now I'm stuck waiting outside this quest, looking for someone who needs to do it so I can hopefully join along and unbug it.
I already tried that, don't bother. You do not get killing credit for killing NPCs in someone else's instance. It won't count towards your quest.

cdscdscds
03.06.2012 , 09:42 PM | #198
Basically missed all the higher end content and story because I could not risk another quest being stuck in my log...so all that hard work has gone to $hit.

So hard to believe that almost nothing has been done to address this...I don't care what you add to the game at this point it is lost on me if this is not fixed.

Buka_Starwalker
03.08.2012 , 03:33 AM | #199
Name: Zylx
Server: Helm of Graush
Quest: Stay Frosty (Bonus)
Class: Trooper
Issue: Can not complete nor abandon quest in quest log

teralind
03.09.2012 , 06:57 AM | #200
Name of character affected - Rendis
Server the character are on - Chuundar
Name of the mission you cannot abandon - No Deal (Bonus)