Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

If Windu had successfully finished Palpatine..(What If Thread)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
If Windu had successfully finished Palpatine..(What If Thread)

DeutschGamer's Avatar


DeutschGamer
04.09.2012 , 12:56 AM | #1
If Master Windu had successfully forced Anakin to back down and see the truth behind Sidious and struck him down, what would the outcome have been? The Empire may never come to proper fruition without the Emperor, but what would become of the Republic and/or the Separatists after the Jedi declare they killed the Chancellor?

It surely wouldn't look good for them in the beginning, even with Anakin as a witness and Padme surely supporting his side with Master Windu.

TheLonelyTusken's Avatar


TheLonelyTusken
04.09.2012 , 01:49 AM | #2
I'm pretty sure Palpatine would see that Anakin wasn't buying it and shocked Mace to death still. Palpatine's lightning was strong enough to overwhelm Windu at any time, he wasn't overwhelming him to seem weak and in danger to Anakin.

So if Windu had tried to kill Sidious and Sidious saw Anakin wasn't doing anything, he would have shocked Windu before he was killed and in turn would have defeated Anakin, forcing him to die or submit to Palpatine and become his apprentice.

And here we are.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

sambeta's Avatar


sambeta
04.09.2012 , 01:51 AM | #3
If Windu did "win" he would of no doubt made the step towards the dark side. One thing, order 66 was made after the battle not before, so I doubt the order would of been issued after Palpyface was dead.

DeutschGamer's Avatar


DeutschGamer
04.09.2012 , 02:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sambeta View Post
If Windu did "win" he would of no doubt made the step towards the dark side. One thing, order 66 was made after the battle not before, so I doubt the order would of been issued after Palpyface was dead.
Shows how long its been since I've seen the movie, edited the main post.

I also saw that Windu seemed to be walking a line when facing Palpatine toward the end, he seemed very angry and losing himself in the passion of the moment.

TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
04.09.2012 , 04:37 AM | #5
Windu won the saber duel outright, that little back shuffle w-t-f look Sid gave when his saber was lost out the window was real and a complete shock to Sid....that said at any given time he could have went "POWAH!!!!!!! UNLIMITED PAWUHA!!!!!!! on Mace.
Pyrotechnic - BH / Powertech
Ariss - Agent / Op
Lord Monger - Sith Inquisitor / Sorc
Darth Wraithus - Sith Warrior / Jugg

VainEldritch's Avatar


VainEldritch
04.09.2012 , 05:06 AM | #6
If Mace had killed Palpatine the galaxy would have been saddled with an ineffectual system of government.

I shudder to imagine the EU on a galatic scale - at such a scale democracy cannot function.
Vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanitas
"I didn't get where I am today by letting some snot-nosed Jedi Padawan leave my cheese out in the wind." Sith Imperial Guard Vorlok Vanitas explains why Jedi Younglings must die.
Star Wars: The Old Republic beta tester and Founder

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
04.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
I'm pretty sure Palpatine would see that Anakin wasn't buying it and shocked Mace to death still. Palpatine's lightning was strong enough to overwhelm Windu at any time, he wasn't overwhelming him to seem weak and in danger to Anakin.

So if Windu had tried to kill Sidious and Sidious saw Anakin wasn't doing anything, he would have shocked Windu before he was killed and in turn would have defeated Anakin, forcing him to die or submit to Palpatine and become his apprentice.

And here we are.
Wrong. Its stated in the ROTS Commentary and Knoll that Sidious was TRYING to kill Windu with the lightning but couldnt. ALso another comment about Sidious exerting so much energy that he burnt his face off.

Bluerodian's Avatar


Bluerodian
04.09.2012 , 07:25 AM | #8
Had Palpatine died, the Jedi would have had to assume control of the Republic (which had already been established as the correct course of action earlier in the movie). This would have caused major civil unrest, not to mention that the Clone Wars would have still been going at the same time.

The Civil unrest of having the chancellor assassinated, being Sith Lord or not, would have driven more systems from the republic and to the separatists.

Either way, it would have been bloody no matter what the Jedi did.
Long time player of SWG from cradle to grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.

Referral Link! You know you want to click on it.

lorddarklon's Avatar


lorddarklon
04.09.2012 , 07:40 AM | #9
It just could not happen as Mace was not the chosen one. As for Sidious loseing the Lightsaber battle I think he threw the fight as he knew anakin was on his way and had to look like he was at the mercy of the tyrannical Jedi with there self serving philosophy. I mean come on they can take Anakin in so he can save there order from the sith yet they can't go back and save his mom from slavery. Jedi are all about them selfs and there so called order.
"There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing…only me" - Creed of Ruin

Castiel's Avatar


Castiel
04.09.2012 , 08:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lorddarklon View Post
It just could not happen as Mace was not the chosen one. As for Sidious loseing the Lightsaber battle I think he threw the fight as he knew anakin was on his way and had to look like he was at the mercy of the tyrannical Jedi with there self serving philosophy. I mean come on they can take Anakin in so he can save there order from the sith yet they can't go back and save his mom from slavery. Jedi are all about them selfs and there so called order.
He never threw the fight, he lost outright, it's stated clear as day.