Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same faction Novare coast doesn't make sense!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same faction Novare coast doesn't make sense!

Dinadan
04.08.2012 , 03:50 PM | #11
1.2 patch notes, "A training simulation-themed variant of the Warzone supports same faction matches."

Blavatsky
04.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sithlordcip View Post
How can republic fight rep and emp fight emp? Its a planet full of resources and both the rep and the emp want to get their hands on those resources.

Same faction battles don't make sense unless its huttball but that is more of a sport and makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this? To me its kinda lorebreaking and immersion breaking.
How can the same sides fight each other, its simple

There isnt enough interest in this game to effectively divide the population between two factions so they had to come up with some compromise

sithlordcip
04.08.2012 , 04:05 PM | #13
[QUOTE=Kilikaa;3797297][COLOR="Red"][B]I may be wrong, but I think the same faction WZs are 1) just"pratice", like military wargames. 2) temporary until the cross-server queing comes along. Number 1 is a fact, it's number 2 I am not 100% sure about.

QUOTE]

Source on this pls?
Killing Jedi is my hobby!

davidpop
04.08.2012 , 04:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SajmanPeetee View Post
Convenience takes precedence over Lore. Would you rather sit in a queue for hours or slightly bend the lore?
Yes, i would.

sithlordcip
04.08.2012 , 04:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
Consider it a active training maneuver in prep for the actual assault, you RPers can make up things use that idea
This is not about RP... its about logic and common sense

Gokkus
04.08.2012 , 04:09 PM | #16
Dont take this the wrong way, but doing the same warzone a zillion times should break immersion more than having to fight the same faction. Thats what I expect anyway.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

Kilikaa
04.08.2012 , 04:10 PM | #17
[QUOTE=sithlordcip;3797491]
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
[COLOR="Red"][B]I may be wrong, but I think the same faction WZs are 1) just"pratice", like military wargames. 2) temporary until the cross-server queing comes along. Number 1 is a fact, it's number 2 I am not 100% sure about.

QUOTE]

Source on this pls?
As others have said about point #1, same faction WZs are practice. As for point #2 I did admit I was not 100% sure about it. Since I have not found anything claiming such then I would have to say I am wrong on that matter.

loanstarr
04.08.2012 , 04:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sithlordcip View Post
This is not about RP... its about logic and common sense
Players have been frustrated since this game launched that only huttball que's and you want to put restrictions on the new warzone??

sithlordcip
04.08.2012 , 04:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dinadan View Post
1.2 patch notes, "A training simulation-themed variant of the Warzone supports same faction matches."
But its the same thing because it offers rewards

Liamo
04.08.2012 , 04:39 PM | #20
Problem is, if you start sacrificing "lore" for "convenience," why mislead players and even have "lore" associated with this game?

I know if it were "Star Wars Infinities" I would've never bought it.

This game series is supposed to be an extension of existing lore/canon.