Same faction Novare coast doesn't make sense!

sithlordcip

How can republic fight rep and emp fight emp? Its a planet full of resources and both the rep and the emp want to get their hands on those resources.

Same faction battles don't make sense unless its huttball but that is more of a sport and makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this? To me its kinda lorebreaking and immersion breaking.

Edited by sithlordcip

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can republic fight rep and emp fight emp? Its a planet full of resources and both the rep and the emp want to get their hands on those resources.

Same faction battles don't make sense unless its huttball but that is more of a sport and makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this? To me its kinda lorebreaking and immersion breaking.

But Alderaan and Novare Coast same faction are training simulations!

Voidstar I think is the only one not getting carried over.

Convenience takes precedence over Lore. Would you rather sit in a queue for hours or slightly bend the lore?

Lore must be respected, we are talking about 2 factions fighting an all out war.

If they don't want ppl sitting in a queue for hours they should merge servers and implement server transfer.

I hate this ideea of same faction pvp, its game breaking for me

But Alderaan and Novare Coast same faction are training simulations!

Voidstar I think is the only one not getting carried over.

No, actually its the other way around, Void star will be same faction pvp and the only wz that will not have same faction pvp (for now) is alderaan civil war

I may be wrong, but I think the same faction WZs are 1) just"pratice", like military wargames. 2) temporary until the cross-server queing comes along. Number 1 is a fact, it's number 2 I am not 100% sure about.

Also...give BW time to figure out the best way to implement any merges/transfers. I would rather they spend four months to get it right then two weeks and screw everything up. I saw how SOE handled transfers the first time around in SWG. The top two servers became very OVER populated, with the top server, Starsider, being the most populated. Transfers/merges may not be the total solution to faction imbalance either due to the side people prefer to play. That's a factor no developer has control over.

How can the same sides fight each other, its simple

There isnt enough interest in this game to effectively divide the population between two factions so they had to come up with some compromise

I may be wrong, but I think the same faction WZs are 1) just"pratice", like military wargames. 2) temporary until the cross-server queing comes along. Number 1 is a fact, it's number 2 I am not 100% sure about.

QUOTE]

Source on this pls?

QUOTE]

Source on this pls?

As others have said about point #1, same faction WZs are practice. As for point #2 I did admit I was not 100% sure about it. Since I have not found anything claiming such then I would have to say I am wrong on that matter.

Problem is, if you start sacrificing "lore" for "convenience," why mislead players and even have "lore" associated with this game?

I know if it were "Star Wars Infinities" I would've never bought it.

This game series is supposed to be an extension of existing lore/canon.

Maybe they should develop tech that allows those who would rather have quicker matching to select that, while leaving those who don't mind waiting to select that.

Via a "same faction" checkbox in the pvp Q.

Then you will see wher eplayer desires truly lie. Although I suppose that there is some reason why what I suggest is just too hard or not practical because it splits the server even more.

Well considering right now as things are.... only playing huttball is an issue. To fix that, BW decided "hey, you know what guys? If you guys do a 'training exercise', then you can play the WZ same-faction and it will still technically be okay." And so they have.

Why does it make sense? Because if it's an exercise... with say, live ammunition... then you can fight against yourselves and lore-wise, your fact will get a better understanding of how to win the war.

Why it's okay to get rewards? You have to pay your guinea pigs, be it in food pellets or commendations. No one can logically disagree with that, right?

I think it can create bad blood within a faction, if you play against your own faction enough you start to become rivals to some of them and them to you, this is not good for building a community imo. I really think Bioware are losing the plot with this one, seems like some kinda desperation to make sure warzones tick over, but I think it will do more harm than good.

Huttball is fine though imo as you can pass it off as a sport and not take killing someone so personally as it is all in the name of the sport, BUT if its a war scenario and we are matched against our own then you may as well make the whole game free for all, because loyaltys just went out the window.

I really like the game even though its buggy as hell, has poor performance and has a million basic things missing, but lately I have really lost faith in the people behind it, the devs are looking more and more clueless to me every day.

Edited by System_TOR

If you're worried about lore, they say its a "training simulator". The armed forces do war games all the time.

Yes, i would.

Im a bountry hunter, my services are rendered to the highest bidder, lorewise, why shouldnt i be allowed to side with either side? Same goes for smugglers, and are you saying theres no such things as double agents or soldiers of fortune or dark jedi or redeemed sith? Lorewise there are dozens of reasons that peopls might not side with their "faction." Soooooo yeah, i guess lore isnt really a good argument to fall back on.