Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same faction Novare coast doesn't make sense!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same faction Novare coast doesn't make sense!

sithlordcip
04.08.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1
How can republic fight rep and emp fight emp? Its a planet full of resources and both the rep and the emp want to get their hands on those resources.

Same faction battles don't make sense unless its huttball but that is more of a sport and makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this? To me its kinda lorebreaking and immersion breaking.
Killing Jedi is my hobby!

SajmanPeetee
04.08.2012 , 03:25 PM | #2
Convenience takes precedence over Lore. Would you rather sit in a queue for hours or slightly bend the lore?

Cuspin
04.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
I am wondering if they will revert this back to the original design when the cross server queues come down the pipe

clintcasey
04.08.2012 , 03:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sithlordcip View Post
How can republic fight rep and emp fight emp? Its a planet full of resources and both the rep and the emp want to get their hands on those resources.

Same faction battles don't make sense unless its huttball but that is more of a sport and makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this? To me its kinda lorebreaking and immersion breaking.
But Alderaan and Novare Coast same faction are training simulations!

Voidstar I think is the only one not getting carried over.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

sithlordcip
04.08.2012 , 03:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SajmanPeetee View Post
Convenience takes precedence over Lore. Would you rather sit in a queue for hours or slightly bend the lore?
Lore must be respected, we are talking about 2 factions fighting an all out war.

If they don't want ppl sitting in a queue for hours they should merge servers and implement server transfer.

I hate this ideea of same faction pvp, its game breaking for me

sithlordcip
04.08.2012 , 03:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by clintcasey View Post
But Alderaan and Novare Coast same faction are training simulations!

Voidstar I think is the only one not getting carried over.
No, actually its the other way around, Void star will be same faction pvp and the only wz that will not have same faction pvp (for now) is alderaan civil war

Kthx
04.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sithlordcip View Post
I hate this ideea of same faction pvp, its game breaking for me
If this is game breaking for you, then don't play Novare Coast?

CrunkShizzle
04.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #8
my thoughts are

i wonder how many days are gonna be spent watching my warzone close due to no one playing because everyone already had there laughs at the joke pvp is turning into in this game

Kilikaa
04.08.2012 , 03:42 PM | #9
I may be wrong, but I think the same faction WZs are 1) just"pratice", like military wargames. 2) temporary until the cross-server queing comes along. Number 1 is a fact, it's number 2 I am not 100% sure about.

Also...give BW time to figure out the best way to implement any merges/transfers. I would rather they spend four months to get it right then two weeks and screw everything up. I saw how SOE handled transfers the first time around in SWG. The top two servers became very OVER populated, with the top server, Starsider, being the most populated. Transfers/merges may not be the total solution to faction imbalance either due to the side people prefer to play. That's a factor no developer has control over.

Vegabond
04.08.2012 , 03:49 PM | #10
Consider it a active training maneuver in prep for the actual assault, you RPers can make up things use that idea