A way to clear UI to take screenshot?

Trickai

• 2 months later...

Just the only thing is really bad about this, there is no keybind for take screenshot without nameplates, etc and the ui.

I mean most MMO have a button for take uiless screenshot without use secondary bind for remove the ui, etc first before taking screenshot -_- its such a huge disadvantage for making nice action screenshots without the ui.

I have a UI build called Swordy 2.

You can use the interface editor (press Esc) to hide/disable all bits of the UI without it impacting gameplay. I noticed that when I press the "Hide UI" button, your key bindings to cast don't work any more.

This also means that you can have prolonged videos without the UI bothering you, and when you want it to come back, press ESC, click interface editor and load your default UI back. :)

Just the only thing is really bad about this, there is no keybind for take screenshot without nameplates, etc and the ui.

I mean most MMO have a button for take uiless screenshot without use secondary bind for remove the ui, etc first before taking screenshot -_- its such a huge disadvantage for making nice action screenshots without the ui.

FYI That ability comes with the Collector's Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition. They give you a "camera" digital item (HoloCam) that you can drag to your action bar that automatically removes all the clutter when you snap a picture.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/

Edited by Owsley

• 2 months later...
Aye, what we're looking for is a toggle setting such as the "/screenshotui 0" command used in a long-running popular superhero MMO. This allows you to play the game with all the normal "gamey" essentials (UI, nameplates, damage numbers, etc) visible, but it suppresses them in any screenshot taken in order to produce a more realistic shot. The important part being that it is a persistent setting, so you don't have to reset it or turn off the UI in order to get a clear shot, often missing the very moment you were trying to capture. And it should keep the camera exactly where it is.

• 3 years later...