Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Bounty Hunter a good story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is Bounty Hunter a good story?

smballer
04.08.2012 , 02:06 PM | #1
I recently played Jedi Knight all the way to 50 and now I'm debating between a Sith Warrior and a Bounty Hunter..

For BH, Ive gotten to Balmorra while for SW I'm still on Korriban.

Is BH worth continuing or should I just roll a SW instead?

WHich story gets better as u get into it?

Toogeloo
04.08.2012 , 02:19 PM | #2
Just finished Act 1. Hutta and Kaas and the final area of Act 1 were entertaining, while Balmorra, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, and Alderaan were all kind of dull and repetitive story bits.

I haven't gotten past Act 1 yet. At the moment, I still think the Warrior and the Agent are the best of the Empire stories, and Inquisitor isn't that great. Hopefully Act 2 and Act 3 pick up the story a bit better or it will probably drop down to about Inquisitor tier for me.

Hizoka
04.08.2012 , 03:23 PM | #3
i am liking the story. I am not a fan of the imp faction but the BH has little to do it, which for me makes the class more fun then if i was all "FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!" like the troopers are for the repubs.

Toogeloo
04.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #4
They really should have made Bounty Hunters and Smugglers Neutral so they could be aligned with Republic or Empire.

VonFinklestein
04.08.2012 , 04:22 PM | #5
It's okay; it's Star Wars so it'll never be as cool as being a Jedi or Sith.

Haters gunna' hate

Toogeloo
04.08.2012 , 05:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by VonFinklestein View Post
It's okay; it's Star Wars so it'll never be as cool as being a Jedi or Sith.
Fudge that... apparently you haven't played the Agent story. 5 different ways to play out, and it's epic to boot. You don't need to be a Force User to have an awesome story.

Gnanika
04.08.2012 , 07:14 PM | #7
Bounty Hunter is my favorite Empire story. It's hard to say which is actually the BEST one is though, because it really depends on where you're at on each. IA is pretty boring on Taris for instance, while both BH and SW have cool storylines there. Only the Inquisitor really gets left in the dust.

Veriu
04.08.2012 , 07:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnanika View Post
Bounty Hunter is my favorite Empire story. It's hard to say which is actually the BEST one is though, because it really depends on where you're at on each. IA is pretty boring on Taris for instance, while both BH and SW have cool storylines there. Only the Inquisitor really gets left in the dust.
What???? I thought the SI story was the best...UNLIMITED POWER!!! Act 2 was just completely and totally BAD*****!!!! Act 1 was kinda lack luster, act 2 was the best plot of any class story I've seen so far (played BH, SI, Trooper, Smuggler & working on IA atm). Act 3 was kinda a let down in the beginning, but it picks back up on Corellia, and the SI ending was the best ending of any. The story completely fulfills any fantasy you have of yelling UNLIMITED POWER multiple times throughout the story.

BH is really really bad if you go light side. It's ok through Act 1 & Act 2...but light side Act 3 makes little to no sense, your character is running around killing people...but you are light sided, and there is no motive (yes, something happens...but it does not provide a meaningful reason for a light sided person to go running around assassinating people throughout the galaxy). Throughout Act 1 & 2 there's the "do you kill the mark, or capture them" light/dark choice, in Act 3 you just run around killing people, and get light side points for it. It makes no sense, and I've never talked to a single person who played a Light Side BH who didn't think the story sucked past Act 2.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Jenzali
04.08.2012 , 07:57 PM | #9
I like the BH story more than any Force user's story so far. Just my opinion though. Always being the "chosen one" for the Sith/Jedi gets old after a while :P

Gnanika
04.08.2012 , 08:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
What???? I thought the SI story was the best...UNLIMITED POWER!!! Act 2 was just completely and totally BAD*****!!!! Act 1 was kinda lack luster, act 2 was the best plot of any class story I've seen so far (played BH, SI, Trooper, Smuggler & working on IA atm). Act 3 was kinda a let down in the beginning, but it picks back up on Corellia, and the SI ending was the best ending of any. The story completely fulfills any fantasy you have of yelling UNLIMITED POWER multiple times throughout the story.

BH is really really bad if you go light side. It's ok through Act 1 & Act 2...but light side Act 3 makes little to no sense, your character is running around killing people...but you are light sided, and there is no motive (yes, something happens...but it does not provide a meaningful reason for a light sided person to go running around assassinating people throughout the galaxy). Throughout Act 1 & 2 there's the "do you kill the mark, or capture them" light/dark choice, in Act 3 you just run around killing people, and get light side points for it. It makes no sense, and I've never talked to a single person who played a Light Side BH who didn't think the story sucked past Act 2.
Possibly SI spoilers, so going to tag it just in case.
Spoiler

It does, however, have a very good ending. I was thoroughly entranced for all of Corellia.

I personally think both sides of Bounty Hunter make sense (although your companions will be difficult if you are dark side), but you kind of have to view Light Side as more warrior-y Mandalorian 'honorable' rather than 'good guy.' I haven't done Corellia yet, but everything prior to that makes sense to me, and I am a predominately LS BH.