Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What legacy "inherited" abilities will there be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What legacy "inherited" abilities will there be?

Anysao
04.08.2012 , 01:50 PM | #1
What legacy "inherited" are there? I mean they pass over from one class to another class in your family tree.
From what we know...
Sith warrior = force choke.
Bounty hunter = flamethrower.
Imperial agent = orbital bombardment.
Sith inquisitor = ? (lightning?)

Smuggler = the crotch kick (not sure of official name)
Trooper = ? (sticky grenade?)
Jedi consular = ? (telekinetic throw, or project?)
Jedi knight = ? (I've heard force sweep...?)

I can't seem to get on the test server (long download...)

Please clear this up, and name some other abilities too!

Ps- no videos, please. On an iPhone, can't read anything in vids.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Cuspin
04.08.2012 , 02:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
What legacy "inherited" are there? I mean they pass over from one class to another class in your family tree.
From what we know...
Sith warrior = force choke.
Bounty hunter = flamethrower.
Imperial agent = orbital bombardment.
Sith inquisitor = ? (lightning?) Lightning Storm

Smuggler = the crotch kick (not sure of official name)
Trooper = ? (sticky grenade?) Yes
Jedi consular = ? (telekinetic throw, or project?) Project
Jedi knight = ? (I've heard force sweep...?) Yes

I can't seem to get on the test server (long download...)

Please clear this up, and name some other abilities too!

Ps- no videos, please. On an iPhone, can't read anything in vids.
Answers in red

Anysao
04.08.2012 , 02:54 PM | #3
Lightning STORM? are you 100% sure? As that is a sorcerer ability; force storm.
I'm an assassin, don't wanna miss out.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Trineda
04.08.2012 , 03:03 PM | #4
Hello there,

We saw this thread; in case you were interested there is also a blog on Legacy you may find helpful. Have a great day!

Your Legacy Begins

Foker
04.08.2012 , 04:45 PM | #5
You can check out Dulfy's guide too.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/27/legacy-system-in-1-2/

Here is what she has posted.

Imperial Agent
/agent emote
Coordination buff
Legacy Orbital Strike

Bounty Hunter
/bountyhunter emote
Hunterís Boon buff
Legacy Flamethrower

Sith Inquisitor
/inquisitor emote
Mark of Power buff
Legacy Lightning Storm

Sith Warrior
/warrior emote
Unnatural Might buff
Legacy Force Choke

Smuggler
/smuggler emote
Lucky Shots buff
Legacy Dirty Kick

Trooper
/trooper emote
Fortification buff
Legacy Sticky Grenade

Jedi Consular
/consular emote
Force Valor buff
Legacy Project

Jedi Knight
/knight emote
Force Might buff
Legacy Force Sweep

Anysao
04.08.2012 , 04:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trineda View Post
Hello there,

We saw this thread; in case you were interested there is also a blog on Legacy you may find helpful. Have a great day!

Your Legacy Begins
Thank you, that helps a bit. Just mine was a specific question

cyanidematt
04.08.2012 , 05:21 PM | #7
I unlocked the legacy system in PTS I have taken screen shots and recorded all that I saw.

Smuggler - Dirty Kick
Jedi Knight - Force Sweep
Jedi Consular - Project
Trooper - Sticky Grenade

Imperial Agent - Orbital Strike
Sith Warrior - Force Choke
Sith Inquisitor - Force Storm
Bounty Hunter - Flamethrower

They are class unlocks NOT AC unlocks so they are class abilities.

Anyone feel that they are biased towards Empire? All the Republic Heroic Abilities do half damage at most compared to the Empire ones.

EDIT: looked at the sorcerer ability and it is the force storm icon.... so... idunno. I am going to go recheck my facts real quick but it doesn't make sense to have an AC ability as a CLASS unlock. Hell it is just another reason to run empire rather than republic.

EDIT: I was wrong it is force storm... this doesn't make any sense... guess we will see assassins running around with force storm... so what was wrong with just giving them lightning? this makes zero sense.... why don't you just get rid of republic? Tired of throwing dirt, lame stories, and general bad outfit designs.
Proud member of
The Corellian League
"No Matter The Odds!"

Anysao
04.08.2012 , 06:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by cyanidematt View Post
I unlocked the legacy system in PTS I have taken screen shots and recorded all that I saw

They are class unlocks NOT AC unlocks so they are class abilities.

Anyone feel that they are biased towards Empire? All the Republic Heroic Abilities do half damage at most compared to the Empire ones.

EDIT: looked at the sorcerer ability and it is the force storm icon.... so... idunno. I am going to go recheck my facts real quick but it doesn't make sense to have an AC ability as a CLASS unlock. Hell it is just another reason to run empire rather than republic.

EDIT: I was wrong it is force storm... this doesn't make any sense... guess we will see assassins running around with force storm... so what was wrong with just giving them lightning? this makes zero sense.... why don't you just get rid of republic? Tired of throwing dirt, lame stories, and general bad outfit designs.
I prefer republic outfits sometimes.
And I don't know about biased, as it shares over all classes. And if you played KOTOR then you would know storm is actually a much stronger lighting. But bioware confirmed these too be more as toys, fun to use, and show off, but not to overpower anything. I'm sure they'll try to even it out as much as possible.
Thanks for the clear up, and they will probably change it to lightning later, or atleast up the consular's ability. Remember, it IS just the test.

Onager
04.08.2012 , 07:06 PM | #9
I think I'd rather have orbital strike and force storm than the **** we're getting on Republic side.

Guess the imbalance continues. But hey, we can all just have empire abilities on our republic toons, so it's all even in the end, right?
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Veriu
04.08.2012 , 07:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cyanidematt View Post
yes, we'll see assassins running around with force storm for 1 minute every 20 minutes, outside of warzones, operations, and not grouped with more than 2 other people who are in range.

Maybe it's just me...but I fail to see how that is an issue at all...

Vanguards who have the Smuggler legacy will have 3 separate stuns that can't break early due to damage....is that also some huge problem? Personally, I think the addition of another stun is more useful.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.