Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well, looks like I've hit that brick wall....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Well, looks like I've hit that brick wall....

Darth_Solrac
04.08.2012 , 05:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
When I was fighting Thanaton for the final time, he kept using Whirlwind on me and that would heal me up real nice. The first time I saw that green text with the name Thanaton next to it my eyes bugged out, kind of like because I thought it didn't do that on player characters. Unless I was the lucky victim of a bug. I didn't save what little combat video I had to go back and look but I do remember double checking while playing and while reviewing the video and seeing heals from Thanaton.

You don't get your Darth title until you finish the story, which is after your final fight in front of the Dark Council (they don't cuss him out but I don't want to spoil it for you). I was 49 when I finished and it's a level 50 quest.

We're totally spoiling the class quest for you, aren't we.
Seems like a bug to me. I heard you can get Darth as early as LV 45. Or is this starting to vary based on class maybe?
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

KurganNazzir
04.08.2012 , 06:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
I heard you can get Darth as early as LV 45. Or is this starting to vary based on class maybe?
Maybe if you have a friend or two helping you through your quest line you could get it done at 45, I don't know, but it comes from completing your class story (fighting a level 50 boss for all classes, as far as I know). The Inquisitor gets it right after the final fight quest, my Warrior had to travel to the Fleet after his fight and talk to someone to get the title.

I checked other videos on Youtube and, sure enough, Thanaton did heals on them, though it's not from Whirlwind so I don't know what it's from. /shrug Whatever it is, it's nice and helpful.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Darth_Solrac
04.08.2012 , 06:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
Maybe if you have a friend or two helping you through your quest line you could get it done at 45, I don't know, but it comes from completing your class story (fighting a level 50 boss for all classes, as far as I know). The Inquisitor gets it right after the final fight quest, my Warrior had to travel to the Fleet after his fight and talk to someone to get the title.

I checked other videos on Youtube and, sure enough, Thanaton did heals on them, though it's not from Whirlwind so I don't know what it's from. /shrug Whatever it is, it's nice and helpful.
Sure, great. Whatever makes the final fight easier I say.

Tuscad
04.08.2012 , 09:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
I can't beat Thanaton, can't even beat Rolan. This is mostly thanks to Darth Lag, but yea. I'm LV 40/almost 41. My usually reliable formula of Command Stim+AoE/knock back attacks so to remain locked onto Ashara for shield/heal failed badly.

I dunno what else to do, but start asking people for help. Advice please?
I am not going to lie, every boss fight from here on out I had to get help.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

maxetius
04.09.2012 , 12:43 AM | #25
Silly people don't realize that healing companions > all other companions.

Captain_Zone
04.09.2012 , 12:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Silly people don't realize that healing companions > all other companions.
Not necessarily. Best for Juggernaut/Guardian is either ranged DPS or melee DPS. Vette or Jaesa for the SW, and Kira for the Guardian. I left Rusk off there because his DPS sucks, tbh. Compared to Vette, he's amateur hour.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

maxetius
04.09.2012 , 12:59 AM | #27
Quote:
Not necessarily. Best for Juggernaut/Guardian is either ranged DPS or melee DPS.
That's what I thought too. Not so now.

Darth_Solrac
04.09.2012 , 10:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I am not going to lie, every boss fight from here on out I had to get help.
As did I. The deed is done & am on Belsalvis now. Had a LV 50 SW help me.

SI's & SW's working together. Dark side unity ftw.

Zeikfried
04.09.2012 , 11:35 AM | #29
I had no issues doing this on my Corruption Sorcerer using Khem. Can't speak for any other specs though. Everything is easy-mode as Corruption using Khem.
Darth Ediraana - Sith Sorcerer
Lord Zeikfried Beltaine - Sith Juggernaut
Guildmaster of Unfinished Tale - Hyperspace Cannon
"The end justifies the means..."

TheWookiee
04.09.2012 , 11:37 AM | #30
If you think this is hard, wait till you get to Voss

I remeber this fight, and i also remeber reading how hard the Inquisitor Story line was, so after Quesh, I spent a few days just doing PvP, Flashpoints, and space combat to move about 2 and a half levels above the planets I was about to go to. It worked out tremendously, particularly in this fight. I just used Khem Vel, geared out in current orange gear and burned him to the ground fairly easily.