Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative or Assassin?

GeoLager
04.12.2012 , 03:03 PM | #31
It's not an overreaction when I say operatives outside of their healing tree are trash.

Just be lucky you didn't roll one beforehand.

DarthPunitor
04.13.2012 , 10:19 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
It's not an overreaction when I say operatives outside of their healing tree are trash.

Just be lucky you didn't roll one beforehand.
Good players will have no problem playing any of the classes.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh (formerly)-
-The Tai Legacy- -Tai'for - Punitor - Lithany - Machiavelli - Davik -Her'acles-

GeoLager
04.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post

I have no problems playing operative. The problem is is that its so ineffective its retarded.

Operative has the burst of a darkness assassin now but without the survivability or the utility.

Haystak
04.13.2012 , 11:08 AM | #34
I have no problems playing operative. The problem is is that its so ineffective its retarded.

Operative has the burst of a darkness assassin now but without the survivability or the utility.
I can use my opener, bring most guys down 50% of his hp and throw out two 4k(on crit) heals within 12 seconds(two seconds were added for response time). I know of no other class that can even come close to it, in terms of adaptability.

My favorite thing about scoundrel, is your a a potent healer in pvp, with only 5points in your healing tree. In huttball and voidstar, the ability to throw out heals when your team needs it is massively more effective than any shadows damage potential. People who only use the damaging abilites of there scoundrel in pvp are gimping themselves.

If you want an adaptable class whose utilty is unbeatable in terms of adjusting to the situation at hand, go Op/Sco.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

GeoLager
04.13.2012 , 11:39 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
I can use my opener, bring most guys down 50% of his hp and throw out two 4k(on crit) heals within 12 seconds(two seconds were added for response time). I know of no other class that can even come close to it, in terms of adaptability.

My favorite thing about scoundrel, is your a a potent healer in pvp, with only 5points in your healing tree. In huttball and voidstar, the ability to throw out heals when your team needs it is massively more effective than any shadows damage potential. People who only use the damaging abilites of there scoundrel in pvp are gimping themselves.

If you want an adaptable class whose utilty is unbeatable in terms of adjusting to the situation at hand, go Op/Sco.

Get interrupted, now you can't heal, out of stealth and out of melee range and opening to 50% is a gross exaggeration against people who have gear.

But hey, you can pew pew people with your base attack from 30 meters away.

Do you even play this class? Kind of serious.

CrunkShizzle
04.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #36
the problem is finding good players though

this game doesnt seem to have much in terms of good players.just whiney babies and bad pvpers.i just wanna see that post made by the bioware dev that states the reason why they were nerfed,because if it seriously is because of people unsubbing then i guess mythic is worse at being a pvp developer then i thought

CanisAquilus
04.13.2012 , 11:56 AM | #37
This is absolutley true.

But that doesn't mean the operative is a good choice when deciding what class to play, or that the operative doesn't need buffs.
Jice Corvus
#1 PvP Operative
Lord Adraas
I am John Galt

CanisAquilus
04.13.2012 , 11:58 AM | #38
Edit: doublepost
Jice Corvus
#1 PvP Operative
Lord Adraas
I am John Galt

CaptainInsano
04.13.2012 , 12:27 PM | #39
OP makes thread debating whether or not to go Assassin or Operative, everyone tells him Assassin is better. OP rolls Operative anyway.
Keller's Void
<The GAF Empire>
Jamews (Empire) - 50 Operative
Bloody-nine (Empire) - 50 Marauder

Haystak
04.13.2012 , 12:32 PM | #40
Get interrupted, now you can't heal, out of stealth and out of melee range and opening to 50% is a gross exaggeration against people who have gear.
Do you even play this class? I am completly serious. If I can manage 2 crits with Shoot First and back blast, that 7k damage without defensive cooldowns up. I still have my second stun, a pistol whip1(2.5k crit), and sucker punch(2.6k crit) before you can even do ****. Thats 5 abilities before you get 1, which is what I refer to as my opener. I havent even mentioned sabo charge yet. Thats close to 13k with full crits, and most classes as of yet have anywhere between 16.5k to 20k of health. Gear or not, Im most likely going to get you to 50%, if i have any luck at all.

after that Im using my snare if your trying to run away(which is dumb), placing dots, and using grenade and like you said my flurry of bolts; which at hits of 700 every GCD is nothing to laugh at, also if your ranged, and running, what abilities are you using? How long do you think its really going to take me to catch back up with you while you channel your abilites?

I rarely come accross a class that can keep me from ace'ing them in a 1v1, unless that class is a skilled healer, in which case its usually a draw or a very long fight.. The good players know to run, stun and delay my melee *** until someone can come help them if they have something worth defending.

You also need to look at our changes in the past couple patches, would you not agree we have recieved atleast a minor nerf in almost every major patch since release? They didnt do this because we were completly useless, its because people on other classess complained we were destroying them from our opening salvo, and before you say it, they only slowed us a bit in 1.2, not stopped our burst, that opener I mentioned earlier was not affected.

If your not getting results with your scoundrel, work on using stealth more effectively.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else