Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative or Assassin?

CrunkShizzle
04.09.2012 , 11:46 PM | #21
Quote:
The problem with Operatives/Scoundrels is that people keep comparing them to Rogues, and expect them to be Rogues, when theyre not.
what exactly are they then

cuz thats kinda what i figured a operative was.a scoundrel on the other hand,i dont know.they didnt really seem rogue ish to me

scrapper spec looked kinda fun though

abreen
04.10.2012 , 01:37 PM | #22
Operatives are there own class. You can sneak and backstab people, shoot your gun, heal, etc. It sounds like a rogue but it isn't operatives are their own class not to be compared to others. I love my operative I'm strictly healing but the best damn healer in pvp

DarthPunitor
04.10.2012 , 07:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
how are concealment operatives outside of there burst.like am i pretty much only gonna kill people when im bursting them or do they not have as bad sustained damage as ive heard
I do fine in pvp to be honest, most engagements just dont last long enough after a good burst. and you have TONS of escapes. My operative is at 31, my scoundrel at 32, and i can just summarize some of the stuns/cc's i already have.

A sap, cc from stealth
flash bang, 8 sec stun that breaks early from damage
droid cc
dirty kick/debilitate, 4 sec stun i believe
a root that can be talented to have a 2 sec stun
and a brief stun that hits when pugnacity procs.
At 36 you'll get hidden strike/shoot first that has like a 2 second stun or something when talented but this is getting nerfed

nothing better than watching people try breaking cc from your root, and then f'ing up their day with all your other stuns/interrupts.

but honestly, great burst and a little skill are good enough to completely dominate pvp wise.

PVE is a little harder i believe, but with a companion its not too bad
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh (formerly)-
-The Tai Legacy- -Tai'for - Punitor - Lithany - Machiavelli - Davik -Her'acles-

utuwer
04.11.2012 , 01:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
a root that can be talented to have a 2 sec stun
and a brief stun that hits when pugnacity procs.
What are you talking about? Since when does Op/Sco have 2 sec stun with root? If you mean Pindown/Stopping power, it gives you 2 second root the target as bonus for Sever Tendon/Tendon blast's snare.

A brief stun when pugnacity proc? You totally lost me there.

namelless
04.11.2012 , 03:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
If you plan to heal, Operative, anything else, Assassin.
Perfectly summed up in the first reply.
Elagabalus- Sith Sorcerer(alt)
Commodus- Scoundrel(main)

DarthPunitor
04.11.2012 , 03:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by utuwer View Post
What are you talking about? Since when does Op/Sco have 2 sec stun with root? If you mean Pindown/Stopping power, it gives you 2 second root the target as bonus for Sever Tendon/Tendon blast's snare.

A brief stun when pugnacity proc? You totally lost me there.
look at stopping power and flying fists in the scrapper skill tree http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701.1
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."

utuwer
04.11.2012 , 06:36 PM | #27
look at stopping power and flying fists in the scrapper skill tree http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701.1
"Immobilize" means not-able-to-move, aka root not stun.

I think you mistook it with Force Clap/Crash of Guardian/Jugg, which adds 2 seconds stun to Force Leap/Charge.

DarthPunitor
04.12.2012 , 09:02 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by utuwer View Post
"Immobilize" means not-able-to-move, aka root not stun.

I think you mistook it with Force Clap/Crash of Guardian/Jugg, which adds 2 seconds stun to Force Leap/Charge.
An immobilizing ability can be just as damaging as a stun in a wide variety of instances.

I am not familiar with the juggernaut.

Evolved_Monky
04.12.2012 , 10:49 AM | #29
Flying fist is 50 50 and i think it only works in pve... never seen it proc on a player.

The stun I mean.

DarthPunitor
04.12.2012 , 02:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolved_Monky View Post
Flying fist is 50 50 and i think it only works in pve... never seen it proc on a player.

The stun I mean.
Yes it only works on strongs and weaks, I was merely listing all of the stuns available to the scoundrel.

But nitpicking aside, even with out flying fists and the immobilize root, scoundrels still have a great deal of stuns and cc's