Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[GUIDE] Artifice Enhancement Guide (Level 50)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[GUIDE] Artifice Enhancement Guide (Level 50)

Chikun
08.10.2012 , 09:42 AM | #11
Wow, I was just looking for a guide like this last night when I maxed my artiface. Boy oh boy a sticky would be nice but a bookmark should suffice.

Great guide btw.

EDIT: I derped, a mod did link this guide in a sticky.
FEED ME

leto_cleon
08.11.2012 , 02:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Endo is important, but you get it in every other hilt, armoring, mod, and on 14x augments as well assuming you're stacking the primary stat ones. You can easily hit 23K without even trying very hard, and without using the endurance heavy enhancements anywhere, and that is all you should need to tank anything in the game. The marginal amount of added endo on the endo heavy enhancements is just a waste, and those points are better spent taking the ones that boost the stats instead. If you're hurting that bad for HP and really, really think you need it, then you're better off just going with Fortitude augments to buff that up, and still keeping stat heavy rather than endo heavy enhancements.
Ah here's also where we differ. I prefer to optimise my defensive stats using aguments, rather than using augments to boost endurance. Tanks should not be using primary stat augments. Primary stat augments are for DPS and Healers. My gear set (save for my hilt) is all fully level 61, and personally the 25K that I have (buffed) is a lot more comfortable. Endurance should not be overlooked as a tanking stat. For me boosting Endurance is in tandem with boosting defence, shield and absorption.

And here's why. When you are faced with yellow (ie internal, elemental), defensive stats are completely completely useless. So defensive stats are really only 1/2 the story for tanking. Lag spikes and mistakes are made by an operations group and the key to recovering from that is the tank still being alive. More health helps the tank hang onto that last little slither of health instead of dropping and needing a rez. This saves the rez for someone else in the ops group.

When all is said and done, endurance is a tanking stat as well. Guardian tanks have a short endurance buff ability (enure), while Shadow and Vanguard tanks can boost endurance using their skill points. The flat boost is not too shabby at all and its a waste to have a smaller base to boost from. (Although not sacrificing mitigation either.) A Guardian Tank at 33K health through enure can eat alot of damage.

Trigon
05.10.2013 , 02:20 PM | #13
Excellent guide, I have copied/linked/stickied it on our guild forums. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Ooga booga, the CM is gonna getcha! Ooga booga!
I got 99 problems but a Bith ain't 1!

Osskask
05.27.2013 , 10:42 AM | #14
The updated version of this can be found at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6360604. I've updated it for 2.0 using the 28 series of enhancements. Some of the Enhancements have changed since I originally posted this, and they definitely fixed the reflective enhancement so it doesn't include Shield, Critical, Power, and Endurance.
Originally of Thana Vesh, Voluntarily Relocated to Corellian Run, Currently Residing in The Shadowlands
Slots - Marauder | Asimov - Powertech | Kahland - Sorceror
Guides: Augments | Artifice