Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you roleplay your class?

mousestalker
04.07.2012 , 02:58 PM | #1
My consular plays out very light sided, no dark points at all.. My trooper is mission oriented and really doesn't care. She currently has one dark point for every three light points. My smuggler is even more relaxed about light and dark points.

If I were to create another Jedi (Force forfend!) that character would likely go completely dark.

Does anyone else play this way?
May the mass x acceleration be with you.

Skodan
04.07.2012 , 05:30 PM | #2
I roleplay as a goa'uld.

*glowy eyes*
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Veniras
04.07.2012 , 06:00 PM | #3
I try to RP my knights based on how I imagine them to be.

But until they give us ability to hide DS/LS points and affection changes in conversations, I'll prolly always be influenced by these factors when deciding.

DeutschGamer
04.07.2012 , 06:09 PM | #4
I play me.

Jenzali
04.07.2012 , 06:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I try to RP my knights based on how I imagine them to be.

But until they give us ability to hide DS/LS points and affection changes in conversations, I'll prolly always be influenced by these factors when deciding.
You are able to turn it off under Interface options. I play with it off and all my characters seem to remain neutral, never going past Light or Dark I. Which says a funny thing about the morality in this game since I try to roleplay and choose what options my character would choose. Even following the Sith code usually ends up with me in Light side area because those options gain me more power (which is what Sith want) rather than killing every single bunny and innocent child I come across.

Toogeloo
04.07.2012 , 06:49 PM | #6
I pretty much always play Light.

My Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, Mercenary, Smuggler, and Vangaurd are all Light Side.

I still have yet to play Sentinel and Sage, but I have decided one of them will be Dark Side, I just haven't decided which yet.

Thebazilly
04.07.2012 , 07:04 PM | #7
I'm not on an RP server, but I still come up with backstories and personalities for all my characters. It helps make consistent decisions in conversations, and sometimes I do roleplay in party chat with my friends.

Senul
04.07.2012 , 11:26 PM | #8
Does running around in trooper gear with a vibrosword count as RPing a guardian?
[Jung Ma] Remnants of Hope --Senful Sendari
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"
www.remnantsofhope.com

Karkais
04.08.2012 , 06:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
You are able to turn it off under Interface options. I play with it off and all my characters seem to remain neutral, never going past Light or Dark I. Which says a funny thing about the morality in this game since I try to roleplay and choose what options my character would choose. Even following the Sith code usually ends up with me in Light side area because those options gain me more power (which is what Sith want) rather than killing every single bunny and innocent child I come across.
I think the dialog choices are too cut-and-dry. You either RP your character or you pay attention to the alignment. Cant have both.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Kirameki
04.08.2012 , 06:48 AM | #10
I play my character. I'm also IC in groups and on my BH that means I don't care about dark side or light side. It's what shall give me the most satisfaction and the best oppurtunity for more credits or reputation to get better jobs in the future.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Twitter | Raptr | Tumblr
My refer a friend link