Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion

Vektarulz
04.07.2012 , 08:43 AM | #1
She got cast out of the order for doing the right thing(must of made her mad but she dident turn)
All of her friends from the mandalorian wars either were killed or fell to the darkside
(she still did not turn)
Darth Traya Bombarted her mind posing as a jedi master to trick her,teaching her Sith teachings instead of making her darkside they just made her a Grey force user like revan

and finaly she single handley rebuilds the jedi order while revan is busy hunting sith lords I mean why evreyone hate this girl she was awsome!

(although in the games you can be full darkside they made a book that canonized what happens, She was lightside but was pissed at jedi a female and named Meetra surik)
Elite Warlord, Founder, ╦xile - Shadowlands
http://www.swtor.com/r/WHBvNr

Jandi
04.07.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2
Who are you trying to convince, and of what? That your subjective opinion trumps over someones, equally valid, personal opinion? It's a fictional character in a fictional universe, sheesh.

Vektarulz
04.07.2012 , 10:49 AM | #3
>Story and Lore<

Spartanik
04.07.2012 , 11:21 AM | #4
I kind like Surik i truly do. even though my exile in KOTOR 2 was a male one. ( well i had a female one too)
But somehow i dont like what they did to the exile in revan book and SWTOR.
They transform her into a mere side kick. A folower of Revan. well yeah she was that since the begining, but what she acomplish in KOTOR 2 is a great feat that didnt had a deserving folow up.
The same could be said for Revan and his story though.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Vektarulz
04.07.2012 , 11:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
I kind like Surik i truly do. even though my exile in KOTOR 2 was a male one. ( well i had a female one too)
But somehow i dont like what they did to the exile in revan book and SWTOR.
They transform her into a mere side kick. A folower of Revan. well yeah she was that since the begining, but what she acomplish in KOTOR 2 is a great feat that didnt had a deserving folow up.
The same could be said for Revan and his story though.
thats what I kinda mean by it to she did awsome **** but shes just this stupid side kick lol

Captain_Zone
04.07.2012 , 12:10 PM | #6
She was an awesome character who was given a completely useless death, imo. Only one I can think of that was worse was Roy Fokker in the Macross Saga...

Actually, he died well in the movie, so that kinda redeems him. Drew, on the other hand can't rewrite Meetra's death.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Rayla_Felana
04.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
She was an awesome character who was given a completely useless death, imo. Only one I can think of that was worse was Roy Fokker in the Macross Saga...

Actually, he died well in the movie, so that kinda redeems him. Drew, on the other hand can't rewrite Meetra's death.
It was completely intentional, Drew had no reason to do it, he just wanted to do it so he could say his creation was better than Avellone's.

darthkargtor
04.07.2012 , 12:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
It was completely intentional, Drew had no reason to do it, he just wanted to do it so he could say his creation was better than Avellone's.
No he didn't he did it because she was the ghost we saw in the flashpoint video long before the book was announced he had to explain why she was there through it could of been done differently this was the fastest way of doing it while giving her death meaning and establishing scourges back story.
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

emoryshe
04.08.2012 , 12:15 AM | #9
Though I respect the Book from Drew, I didn't like how they got rid of certain people, like the generel( the exile), or t3, ect. The general was a very powerful jedi, and if she was going to be killed off she should have been given a better death a jedi should be given.

Ayradyss
04.08.2012 , 12:56 AM | #10
Well, I consider myself a fan of both the Exile (Meetra) and Revan. I think of her as more an equal partner to Revan at this point, though obviously he took the spotlight -- it's his book, after all. So yes, more was made of Revan and his great knowledge of the mysteries of the Force, but Meetra was still very capable and generally was the one doing the rescuing, rather than the other way around.

Just looking at her death, in and of itself -- yes, it was basically a cheap shot, a rather sudden thing. But then she goes on in death to become, in essence, the one guardian that could remain and not be thwarted by the Emperor or any of his cronies, true and loyal beyond death itself. Maybe it was a "cheap" death just taken alone, but her actual "ending" was very powerful and worthy of her story, IMO. (I would liken it to Obi-Wan's death -- he was cut down pretty unceremoniously by Vader, but as he said, "Strike me down and I become something more powerful than you could ever imagine." Meetra's fate was much the same.)