Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

gearing up for pve endgame 1.2??????

ChildishGambino
04.07.2012 , 03:34 AM | #1
so as fun as pvp is (IMO) a few guildies wanna do some raiding and HM FPs. Some are in desperate need of that alloy to make lvl 50 stims for biochem. so i have a few questions...

1) 1.2....much like how pvp gear is now available for credits, will older tier gear be available for credits as well?

2) any other method of obtaining that alloy for biochems come 1.2?

3) HM FPs....what is the difficulty with a group geared out champion and some have a few BM?

teemoor
04.07.2012 , 05:13 AM | #2
Champ/Bm gear is nuff for any HM.
Crafting mats will be tradable in 1.2, so - GTN.

CaptainTowers
04.07.2012 , 08:24 AM | #3
IMO, gear your Guild doing Normal / Story Mode Ops. Each Boss drops 2 of the crafting mats you guys are looking for plus gear and t2 columni tokens. Its a time saver and more fun. 1 tank, 2 healers, and 5 dps - should do the trick. There are plenty of Ops guides out there for you guys as well.

DarthDemens
04.07.2012 , 01:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ChildishGambino View Post
so as fun as pvp is (IMO) a few guildies wanna do some raiding and HM FPs. Some are in desperate need of that alloy to make lvl 50 stims for biochem. so i have a few questions...

1) 1.2....much like how pvp gear is now available for credits, will older tier gear be available for credits as well?

2) any other method of obtaining that alloy for biochems come 1.2?

3) HM FPs....what is the difficulty with a group geared out champion and some have a few BM?
1) Nope. Same methods apply.
2) You'll be able to buy them on the GTN, and purchase a box that can contain them with Fleet Commendations
3) As far as actual PvE stat comparison goes, drop 1 tier for roughly equal non-armor stats. So Champion gear is about equal to Tionese, Battlemaster is about equal to Columi. Full Champion groups is about the standard for running HM FPs.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

ChildishGambino
04.07.2012 , 03:37 PM | #5
ok so since im geared out full Champ.....where do i start? i dont wanna start at the begining by gearing out tionese so what would be the best route for a champ out BH merc

1) what quests do i need to pick up
2) can i just start going after rakata gear?

naardejood
04.07.2012 , 04:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChildishGambino View Post
ok so since im geared out full Champ.....where do i start? i dont wanna start at the begining by gearing out tionese so what would be the best route for a champ out BH merc

1) what quests do i need to pick up
2) can i just start going after rakata gear?
I wouldn't worry too much about the weekly quests as the only reward is 20 Columi commendations and your Champion gear is more than adequate for hard mode ops. I'd start on hard mode Karagga's Palace or try clearing hard mode Eternity Vault up to Soa. I didn't really notice much of a difference in difficulty between normal and hard mode raiding until I hit Soa, but that's more because of the lightning orb bugs. I wouldn't even suggest trying Soa until those bugs are fixed.