Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we all late preorders cancel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we all late preorders cancel?

zombieinferno
12.14.2011 , 07:17 AM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Everyone will be getting at least one day of Early Game Access - unless you pre-order on the 19th, in which case it could be less depending on the speed of your game download, etc. If you do pre-order less than a day before we end Early Game Access, you'll get access granted very soon after you redeem your pre-order code.
Admittedly as much as a defender against whining about getting access as I have been, this does kind of make me a little steamed. I wish BW would have been a little more specific on this page ---> http://buy.swtor.com/us/ about how much time early access actually entailed.

I am a pragmatic adult, so I didn't make a final decision until after I ran the Beta Weekend and knew this was worth my hard-earned dollars. Considering that if i get in the morning of the 19th (which is likely since my purchase was after Thanksgiving), it's realistically not even a full 24 hour early access since the servers will be closed late that evening and I will have to wait to get on once again starting at midnight - or whenever I finally get the box in my hot little hand the next day since I don't think my neighborhood Gamestop is having a midnight opening for TOR.

In my case I should have just waited - because I work nights, and would have about 3 hours of play-time for all the 'luxury' a pre-order afforded me. I figured I had 5 days when I made the purchase and according to the fine print, I will be locked out of the game until I get back to Gamestop on the 20th and pick up the actual box.

OcculteDaoc
12.14.2011 , 10:32 AM | #332
Is it a deal-breaker? No
Is it worth the petty $5 to play the day before? No
Do I care enough about the $5 to rant? No
Is it a annoying to believe one thing and another happens? Yes

Seems many are in the same boat.

Symbiose
12.14.2011 , 03:56 PM | #333
Early access is not a waste of time, even if YOU dont get early access. All those people that went ahead of you will now not be log jamming your questing areas and frustrating you to no end.

jmwookiee
12.14.2011 , 04:10 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by OcculteDaoc View Post
Is it a deal-breaker? No
Is it worth the petty $5 to play the day before? No
Do I care enough about the $5 to rant? No
Is it a annoying to believe one thing and another happens? Yes

Seems many are in the same boat.
The $5 should be taken off the balance you owe. If you purchased the SE it's $59.00 - $5.00 preorder deposit. You will be billed for $54.00 + tax(maybe).

I just figured this needed to be clarified at least one more time.